1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System hangs after 1%, Freecom DVD-R in XP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stuckish, Oct 11, 2003.

1. stuckish

stuckish Member

I have a "just re-installed" Windows XP with a new DVD-R recorder from Freecom (DVD +RW/R -RW/R 4X DVD+R 2.4X DVD+RW 4X DVD-R 2.4X DVD-RW 16X CDR 10X CDRW RETAIL! IDE).

Yesterday i burned 2 DVD's with my old Mp3 Collection from my harddrive to the DVD.

When i should burned my third disc it stoped worked. The whole system hanged after 1% and i hade to press the reset button. When i have restarted the system i had to reinstall the gfx drivers!?

After this i have tried to burn some DVD and CD and all of the DVD's hangs the system after 1% without any error messages. I have managed to burn some CD-R when i runed the system in safe mode. When i didnt runed it i safe mode i got Unknown target error and something with blocks. DVD-R return same error in safe mode

I have used diffrent DVD-R media to ..

I have updated my DVD firmware ..

Anyone have any ideas about what this could be. Its sound hardware realated to me ..

Thanx :)

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Sounds like the burner is faulty - take it back.

3. stuckish

stuckish Member

I changed IDE channel. Moved so that the burner wasnt on the same channel as any of the HD and it seems to work now. Have burned 2 DVD's without any problem .. :)