1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem T95Z Plus wont boot up

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by captainohetha, Apr 19, 2017.

1. captainohetha

captainohetha Newbie

I recently purchased two WEILY T95Z Plus android tv boxes from amazon. One of them booted up fine in 10 seconds. Haven't done much on it yet but everything seems fine. The second one however...is not fine.

It was stuck on the logo screen/boot stage. I waited 2 hours, becoming increasingly worried. I read about doing a soft or hard reset on the box. Tried the soft reset toothpick method, didn't help. Nothing ever came on the screen. The logo screen doesn't even come up now, nor does it say boot or anything at all on the display. My tv screen stays green as if nothing is hooked up. The box still lights up blue though.

So should I try a hard reset? Or just return it to the seller?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

you only just bought the boxes ( i assume brand new ) so contact the seller and ask for a replacement . dont mention anything about resetting the box , just say it never worked and you only just got round to contacting them . you may have to send the box back to the seller , if they refuse to honor the guarantee you have options . if you paid via paypal claim your money back , you have similar options if you used a credit card .

3. EstebanClaudioLuis

EstebanClaudioLuis Newbie

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and the reset with the toothpick does not work. Could you tell me if you have been able to solve the problem to restore the T95Zplus? TY

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

as piopat said or if you have it a while and o chance getting your money back or replacement
    you could always re-flash it with the firmware, some of the shops that sell them will do it for ya aswell

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017