1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk about a Custom!?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 1ceCold, Jul 12, 2007.

1. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

Now, I see you all posting about creating a new computer, Check out the one im doing here in a few months

Case Koolance PC3-720BK Professional Line Case - Black
    PSU Enermax 620W Liberty Modular Power Supply
    Motherboard ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
    CPU Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
    Ram GeIL Black Dragon 8GB(4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Quad Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    Video Card Leadtek PX8800 Ultra Leviathan GeForce 8800Ultra 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Water Cooling HDCP Video Card
    Hard Drive(S) Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive X2
    DVD Burner LITE-ON Black 12X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 12X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-R 24X CD-RW 32X CD-ROM SATA 2X Blu-ray Disc Triple DVD Burner

EXTRAS!
    CPU Cooler Evercool Silver Knight CPU Watercooler
    Monitor iewSonic VX2835WM 28" 3ms(GTG) HDMI W/ HDCP Widescreen LCD Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers
    Window Decal Counter Strike Decal
    Case Screws [Lol] Blue Aluminum Thumb Screws (10 Pk)
    Cathodes Logisys 12in 2-in-1 Twin Cold Cathode - Blue/UV
    Fan and Light Controller VL System LIS 2 Premium VFD - 5.25" Black
    Hard Drive Cooler Thermaltake iCage Drive Module
    Replacing Case Fans With AeroCool Streamliner 140mm Fan (w/ 120mm adaptor)
    Memory Cooler Thermaltake Truelight LED Memory Heat Spreader
    TV Tuner AVerMedia MTVHBMCER USB 2.0 Interface Hybrid Ultra Media Center Upgrade Kit

Well, Now thats exactly what im upgrading to here in the next few months hopefully. If not, In the next year for sure. Im sure that stuff will be better by then though. Im not sure on the water cooling blocks and such. Im still debating. Any suggestions?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The case is discontinued, so good luck finding one. It is quite a sweet case though, better looking than a lot of the Aspire trash that most people take a shine to.
    Not sure how good that mobo is, not seen one before and I don't know anyone who has one, I'd say go with an EVGA 680i or GA-965P-DS3 something like that.
    RAM choice is interesting again, don't have much knowledge of Geil stuff, so you may be on your own there too.
    As for the GPU, don't use a separate water cooler, get one with a Dangerden block and hook it up to your existing system, it'll be better and cheaper. Oh and it'll mean you can get an EVGA card, which'll probably be better.
    Just thought I'd add that 140mm fan to 120mm adaptors mean the fan will only push as much air as a 120mm fan. The impedance of those things is reasonable, I suggest going with Scythe S-Flexes instead.

3. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

i cant wait to show u guys my build it awesome

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is it already built? There's a "Where are you sat?" thread in the safety valve for posting pictures of your setups.

5. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

Im not done with it. Im using antifreeze instead of water. And im using custom car paint to do it so it looks like glass. Im also changing the plexi-glass to actual glass. Alot more stuff that I dont want to tell!