Texting Problem with W910i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by Joly04, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Joly04

Joly04 Guest

A couple of days ago, as a joke, me and my friend were sending texts to eachother in bulk. (You type one message then add the same recipient about 40 times and send the message). Now I've done this before and it works fine. But this time - it just got stuck in my outbox and wouldn't send even when I had signal. And the problem is, I can't cancel or delete the message. All it says when I try to delete it is: 'Delete failed'. Very helpful. So I played around with it and moved the entire message to drafts. Still wouldn't delete. It even found its way into sent messages but still won't delete!! Now it's in saved messages and guess what? 'Delete Failed'. How do I delete this message!?
    You wouldn't think it's such a big problem but it doesn't let me send any more texts. When I try to send a new text it goes straight to the outbox and stays there. I click 'view status' and it says 'queued'. I'm certain it's because the text that won't delete is blocking it somehow.
    I really need to be able to text - how the hell do I get rid of the one on my saved messages.

2. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

when you put the phone on, put it on flight mode. this way it wont bother sending anything (if it was trying to). then try deleting it.

3. dechart

dechart Member

ive got exactly the same phone and i have had this problem with texts saying queued.Try and find someone on the same network as you and then swap sim cards.Then send a text with your sim on their phone to your phone with their sim in. If the text goes through. swap sim cards back and you should find your texts will now work again.