1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Box PVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ibiza00, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ibiza00

ibiza00 Member

Hi
    I got The Box PVR a few months ago with the hard drive in it.
    All has been working good but now I am looking to copy the films that I have recorded onto my laptop using the USB Connection on the back off The Box.
    I have connected my laptop to The Box and have changed The Box to pc mode and it picks it up on my laptop but cannot install the USB drive for it.
    I did not get a disk with The Box to install the driver.
    Any ideas where I can get the driver from?
    Thanks

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Unless you are using Windows 98 or earlier you shouldn't need usb drivers. But if you mean that you cannot see your PVR's icon on 'My Computer with the other drives' via your connection heres how I do it, First connect USB lead, Power Off then ON (via switch at back), at this stage no connection on my PC, Goto Menu/HDD Mode Change/enter pin (to PC) then remote control switch off, remote control switch on, you should then have a new hard disc icon. You can then look inside your PVR's hard disc but you will find that the files will not play in any of the current video players or editors around. They have a prefix .pvr and .g&t. I even tried changing the prefixes to.mpg etc but no joy. What I do is transfer the timer recorded films that I want to keep from the PVR to a DVD recorder via scart. The recorder gives a basic menu which is suitable for me.
    jbvid