1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Ryu77, Mar 14, 2008.

1. stimo

stimo Member

im trying to convert a mkv to m2ts, at first tsmuxer wont pick up the audio stream so i demux it with megui convert the audio to ac3 with megui then remux it to an m2ts but when i put it in the playstation it plays the video fine but no audio any ideas please

2. zysunny

zysunny Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
  3. tghtrkk

tghtrkk Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  4. gr8divide

gr8divide Guest

hello all! new to the forums but hav been reading on and off for a few yrs. anyway, read through all posts on this topic and i would like to thank ryu77, odin24 and others who have contributed their knowledge to this thread. it has helped tremendously. now to my issue...
    1st off, the download link at the beginning of the thread and the ones posted throughout regarding the "ryu77" profiles are not working for me. says file is no longer valid or is deleted. 2nd, i did manage to find the download for just the profiles only without the programs, but i am having issues getting it to Megui and being recognized. tried to follow steps mentioned a few posts above, but no luck! any help (preferably detailed) would be much appreciated. thanks again for all the insight

5. familygrl

familygrl Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  6. shadwgirl

shadwgirl Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  7. ahmadka

ahmadka Regular member

Alright I have a question ... I normally don't have problems converting MKVs to play in the PS3, but I'm having some problem now ..

I converted an MKV to AVCHD recently, and the playback result is that on the PS3, I just get a black screen with the audio playing in background ... and if I play the same disc on a bluray player on my PC (e.g. PowerDVD, HP's built-in player), the video plays, but its very 'blocky' ...

The MKV I'm converting has a level of 4.1, is 1920x1080 in resolution .. so it should convert properly, right ?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ahmadka, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 6 lines of text.
    1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text

9. ahmadka

ahmadka Regular member

Done ... now can someone please help me out .. ? :)

10. philtrid

philtrid Member

I've got a funny problem... I've ripped a commercial blu ray movie using AnyDVD HD, then grabbed the main movie m2ts and stripped it down using TsMuxerGUI to only have the 264 video stream and an audio stream (used TsMuxerGUI to convert HD dolby down to regular AC3 5.1 @ 640). Then output to blu ray structure, and burnt the resulting BDMV and Certificate folders to the root of a blank BD-R using UDF 2.50. In theory I've created a blu ray that conforms to the standard and should work in a stand-alone player.

When I pop the disc in my multimedia PC, PowerDVD 9 starts up and starts playing it like a regular commercial disc except there is no sound! Video is fine. When I select show info it says "audio: DolbyDigital" and the next line is "Output: LCPM 0 Hz 0 channels". However when I use file mode to browse to the m2ts file on the BD-R and play, the sound works, and this time "audio: DolbyDigital 5.1 640" and "Output: LCPM 48"... etc. Ideally I would like my disc to behave like a commercial one and be able to get the sound working in full disc mode not file mode. Any suggestions? Below is my data:
    General #0
    ID : 1
    Complete name : E:\B....TREAM\00001.m2ts
    Format : BluRay Video
    Format/Family : MPEG-2
    File size : 23.1 GiB

Video #0
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    MenuID : 1 (0x1)
    Codec : AVC
    Codec/Family : AVC
    Codec/Info : MPEG-4 AVC
    Codec profile : High@L4.1
    Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
    Width : 1920 pixels
    Height : 1080 pixels
    Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Chroma : 4:2:0
    Interlacement : Progressive

Audio #0
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    MenuID : 1 (0x1)
    Codec : AC3
    Language : English

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  11. drevening

drevening Member

Hey guys,

Fairly new to this but here goes. I was able to find a guide on how to make a 1280x544 mkv file bluray compliat ec a while back but i haven't been able to find it since. I have pieced the steps together from other threads but still no luck. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong. here's my steps:

1.Using TSmuxer I select the mkv file and then demux it.
    2.the i write this script and save it to .avs.

DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Bill\Downloads\TheScore\thescore.264", fps=23.976, audio=false)
    AddBorders(0, 87, 0, 87)
    LanczosResize(1080,720)

3.The I open MeGUI and load the avs script. I get this error message:

AviSynth script error:
    DirectShowSource: couldn't open file
    C:\users\bill\downloads\file\file.264
    Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported.

I also can't play the .264 file directly with media player classic or windows media player. I have CCCP codecs installed, I also tried k-lite. I am running windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

12. odin24

odin24 Regular member

You do not need to demux, use the MKV as the source. Also, you do not need to use the LanczosResize(1080,720) command... BTW it is wrong anyway.

13. drevening

drevening Member

Thank you for the quick response. After 24 hours of muxing the file with the revisions to the avs script I have the mkv but now with no audio. I opened it with TSMuxer to mux it to avchd and there was just the video file, no audio or subtitles. What did I do wrong in MeGUI or can you point me to a guide which might help? Thanks again.

14. odin24

odin24 Regular member

1. Load your newly encoded video stream (the one with the proper dimensions).
    2. Include the original MKV (with the incorrect video dimensions), deselect the video stream, leaving the audio and subs.
    3. Mux your new compilation.

15. rnguyen

rnguyen Member

Hi all, I'm trying to encode a BDRip into .avi without losing anything in terms of quality. I have the BDRip located on my HD with the appropriate BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. I found the proper .m2ts main movie file and used Handbrake to convert this to .mkv. Now how do I go about converting from .mkv to .avi without losing quality?

I'm also wondering how I would extract the subtitles for the BDRip as well as hardcode subtitles into .avi from .mkv and .srt.

16. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Rnguyen, I don't know how to go to avi. I use mp4 myself. To do this I demux w/ tsmuxer into m2ts files. I use megui to rencode into mp4. I think megui does4omething w/ subtitles but I don't know. You can look into it. I'm going to check it out when I get home from work later on.

17. Faza_EL

Faza_EL Member

Quick Question. I just burned GI Joe full blu-ray rip into a 25GB blu-ray media using DVDFAB main movie feature. I removed all audio but english and everything else I could. The result was showing 32GB and that was 62% of quality.

My question is:

How much quality did I loose? Is it better then just a regular 8gb mkv file? Or is it worse or the same and not worth the $1.50 for the 25GB media.

Thanks guys

18. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

I only use DvDfab to rip the Blu-Ray. I use megui to rencode. Anyway I've shrunk down to 3gb w/ ryu's profiles and the video still looks awsome.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  19. DARKJEDl

DARKJEDl Member

Hey guys I just built a new computer with a blu-ray burner, and have been backing up my high-def videos. I don't have a problem with backing up my blu-ray disks to BD-RE 25, but I'm kind of wondering on how I should put my high-def TV shows to a BD-RE 25's they are taking up to much space...about 2TB worth. They are in an mkv containers now. I have a ps3 now, but I want to play these back on other players as well. So how should I go about putting a single seasons 15 to 25 episodes on a BD-RE 25 or BD-RE 50. I would like if they could play in standard blu-ray player with no compatibility issues. If nothing else i can get a samsung blu-ray that plays mkv's and just drag and drop my mkv's to the BD-RE's :D .... But I kind of want that to be a last resort. Did you guys have any thoughts, or ideas for me?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  20. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Darkjedi, you can use megui to shrink down your video to fit Disc in question. I would start by opening up in tsmuxer. Mux into m2ts. Shrink that file to size needed w/ megui then use tsmuxer again to mux into blu-ray disc. Which now will work in stand alones and your ps3. On the 1st page of this thread is a link list. The apps needed are there. There is also a guide. DL it and you'll learn most every thing you need.