1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CycloDs

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by NeonNorth, Jul 30, 2007.

1. NeonNorth

NeonNorth Member

Hi, I was wondering if anybody who might have this could help me out.
    http://consolemodstuff.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2
    I'm really interested in getting it since it seems like a great deal, but the fact that it doesn't say anything about needing a passcard or not. Since the price is my major incentive here, having to buy a passcard separately would be a problem. Does the cycloDs being sold at that url need any extra things to make it work (other than a microsd card) and also, are there any major catches that make this not worth buying?

2. spathi

spathi Regular member

this is a slot 2 device and it requires a passcard or flashed firmware. you will also need a microsd to store the games because it does not have any built in storage capacity.

they have a combo deal on the site you linked for a cyclods micro + microsd, and another for cyclods micro + passcard, but not all three.

if you dont want to play gba games I recommend looking at slot 1 options such as CycloDS Evolution, R4, M3S, etc. they dont need a passcard, have much better support for commercial roms and are generally easier to use, requiring no patching or settings to run commercial roms.

3. NeonNorth

NeonNorth Member

Thanks for the info. Can any commercial games be patched to play on the cyclods?

4. spathi

spathi Regular member

yes, most commercial games will work with the cyclods without problems. some require special patching settings and others will work poorly regardless of settings and patching.

i do not know if they have a maintained compatibility list, but I do know that its a clone of one of the supercards (supercard lite?)