1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Forgotten" disjointed?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Mar 2, 2005.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I have looked for discussions on this but could not find any, so am not sure if anyone else has come across this problem.

I have downloaded and converted a copy of The Forgotten.

It seems to end, with Telly speaking to Ash on the swings. He says "I think we've met before". The credits roll and then another portion begins, quite smoothly as though intentioned, with the doctor listening to an answering machine message.

VTS_01_2 ends with Telly being told that Sam does not know of her nor can he see her.

VTS_01_3 (the last and shortest of the three) begins with more of the same explanation. It comes to the "last" scene again, but it's a bit different. Telly hugs sam but then does not voice the little girl's name. When she turns to go up to where she speaks to Ash, she briefly sees the strange man walk off. She speaks to Ash in the same manner and then the movie fades smoothly and that's that.

Is this normal?

Is there an official explanation, or as near as, as to why this happens and how it's part of the story?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

This movie does have an alternate ending on the DVD, I think.

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

It seems more than an alternate ending, as it's so long.

Anyone know what that might be?

Is it an alternate ending or some clever new way to wind the plot?