1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The guide 'Convert DivX To VCD with Subtitles' don´t explain how to add subtitles!!!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by mmodem, Apr 2, 2003.

1. mmodem

mmodem Member

the guide http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm,the only thins that explains about subtitles is to put the subtitle (movie.srt) and the divx (movie.avi) in the same directory.
    Then explains how to Separate audio from the video and then to encode the audio and last to encode the file with the program TMPGenc.
    I followed all the steps in this guide but of corse when i started to encode in TMPGenc it showed the movie whithout any subtitle...
    Someone already answered me in the other thread but didn´t explain how can i do tu add subtitles to a divx!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The guide is very, VERY clear on this one if you follow it directly -- you install FFDSHOW or similiar subtitle software, put the subtitles in the SAME directory where the video is, rename the subtitle files to be EXACTLY the same name but with different extension than the video file is. Then you launch your Windows Media Player and watch the movie to see if the subtitles play. If not, you need to turn the subtitles on from your subtitle codec (such as FFDSHOW) -- the software has manuals, read them to use it -- and after you've confirmed that the subtitles are shown when you watch it with the Media Player, they WILL work in the TMPGEnc if you follow the guide literally. You've asked this three times and this is second time I answer in this one -- the guides normally work if you follow them literally (although they're NOT meant for that, they're meant to teach you how to use specific tools).