1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Little Black Book is really locked

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdripdvd, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

vobblanker didn't work with me. i tried more than 5 times and wasted countless hours for nothing. importing the psl into decrytper and allowing it to rip was the [bold]only[/bold] thing that worked for me

2. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Except for Van Helsing, I have tried the whole lot and this one I can not copy, Rip, ....

I have even tried several other original discs of Van Helsing and it's the same every time.

The Original wont even play correctley on my DVD player or my friends units.

New Zealand release of Van Helsing for your info...

3. sbybee

sbybee Guest

how do you import the files?

4. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

go to this site:

http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=15419

right click on the file and save anywhere but choose something simple like your desktop and you can name it so it can be found easily. open dvd decrypter and go into read mode.

go to file on the menu and go to protected sectors list and choose import. look for the file you saved on your desktop. i had to choose all files to find it. click on it and then your all set to rip. it will start making that weird sound like it always does when it gets to a certain part of ripping. just ignore it because its going to do it for awhile.

once its ripped, shrink it with dvd shrink and burn it with dvd decrypter. you can set dvd shrink to open and burn little black book automatically with dvd decrypter when its finished like i did. it gives you time to have a small party for yourself and your imaginary friends.

after its done, your done. the backup is complete

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  5. brobear

brobear Guest

dvdripdvd
    No use going to the site unless you're already registered as a member. The site admin has it closed down with no new registration. If you want us to see something, you'll need to copy and post it here.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Man, there sure is a lot of posts about this movie! LOL

Unfortunately the hard copy read error doesn't work with anydvd on this movie(little black book). I played around with it for a while and found that the read errors are only coming from the full screen version part of the DVD. Since I prefer the widescreen version anyway, I just omitted(unchecked) the full screen in DvdCopy 3 and it ripped and burned fine with anydvd running in the background.

I couldn't use shrink to analyze because it couldn't get past the fullscreen read error in it's first minute of analyzing. Same with decrypter, however any app like DvdCopy 3, Clone Dvd 2, which lists the segments will work just by unchecking the fullscreen title of the movie, then proceeding as usual.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Seen more on it and RE2 than I have on many others over a long period.

8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

thats so uncool. good thing i registered in time. i'm pretty sure their is another place that has it somewhere on their site

9. wild77

wild77 Guest

I don't blame them for shutting down registration at the Decrypter site.They were getting just as many questions about these two movies as are posted here.I don't understand why they are having so much trouble,maybe it is because they dont't bother to search or read before posting.Have not tried AnyDVD but Decrypter worked for me.Ever since getting burned by Platinum I have a hard time paying for software.The new version of Decrypter should be out soon according to [bold]LIGHTNING UK![/bold] and will deal with these new movies.

10. masakari

masakari Member

Whooaa! Registered just in time myself. Poor slobs ain't gonna know what to do...ROFLMAO. I wish I could add a file for users to DL right from this page. Oh well.

11. roadkill3

roadkill3 Guest

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

They are two totally different programs. AnyDvd runs in the background and enables you to get around encryption with whatever DVD app you are using. It is an "on the fly" tool also.

Dvd Cloner is a Dvd Backup app designed to backup DVD's, it would use anydvd to rip the movie. They are designed to work together, so you couldn't compare the two, it's the "apples to oranges" as the saying goes.

It's like saying those tires do as good a job or better than that car. One needs the other. They work together.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Actually you meant to compare DVD Cloner II with CloneDVD2 ... and IMO CloneDVD2 is a better program.

DVD Cloner II has a built in ripper and doesn't require the use of AnyDVD.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, please flip, no double posting,LOL ;>)

15. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

who's multiposting :) lol

16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

It wasnt double posting...he was stuttering LOL

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

G-G-G-G-G-otcha! ;>)

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gentlemen,