1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Next X-Box, Some questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jayquik03, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Anyone know a price range for it yet? Someone told me that it's sapposed to be out this november and that it's going to be like 750, But I couldnt imagine it being that expencive. I can see 500 max. Also Some rumors about it being backwards compatable, Shipped with wireless controller, having the option of buying w/ or w/o a harddrive... Who would pass up a harddrive?!! Names like 360 and what not... And also they wont have a playable version at e3 why not if release date would be so soon. Anyone go the answers?

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

There is noway anyone knows the price range. Nobody knows when its coming out. Backwards compatability, they are toying around with it. I personally hope it is NOT backwards compatable. You see, due to the massive differance between the xbox and the xbox 2, it will require alot of work and effort to make it play xbox games. I would rather them invest that time and money and power into makeing the xbox 2 better. After all, we already have xboxs right? Optional hard drive will probably be true. 2 gigs for storing game saves and custom soundtracks (wich are being available in EVERY game) And they wont have a playable version because the release date is nothing more than a rumor.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Im totally with shdwsfall!
    I dont think the xbox next should be backward compatible.
    Technology is being built from the ground up for the next console. To make it backward compatible for xbox could compromise the technology.
    with so many tv systems now having multiple inputs, we no longer need to have one machine to play games from previous consoles. If you want, have 2 of em plugged in.
    Me, Im making an arcade cabinet outta my xbox:))
    As far as price goes, if rumours are true, we may see various versions released (one having hdd storage, one not, etc)
    so the price ranges could vary.
    But I reckon, $400 is a probable price range.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  4. KainX

KainX Guest

i think it has too many names i mean come on you got xbox 2 xenon xbox 360 next box whats next

dick box

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

It doesnt have an official name. The code name for it however is Xenon. This is simply so that microsoft can talk about it with DEVs and use the code name Xenon. They are still undecided as to what the official name will be. Much like the dreamcast. It was called BlackBelt I think before it came out. So nobody knows what it will be called.