1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The '"Official" Car-modding Thread!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by indienemo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Didn't they have insurance?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you totaled a '65 corvette, or someone else totaled a '65 'vette while you were driving? either way, i need to go buy a few rounds of 12-gauge buckshot.

abuzar, insurance or not, a totaled car is a car in the grave.

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah but he would have gotten his money, with which he could have bought a similar car.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

depends on when he crashed it and what insurance he had. also, if it was in any way modified, chances are he wound up losing good money. insurance companies are a farce.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

6. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Anybody in Southern Cali (Orange/Riverside counties) that actually races? I mean, not 3 am rice rocket races...more like going to the Ontario tracks. If so let me know, daddy's baby is getting a little power boost for Xmas :) Would love to go to the track with some fellow aD members!

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

I think this is the last car thread left, so I'll share a story from today. This is first-hand proof that people should be required to get thorough and above-basic training before they can legally operate a large vehicle.

I was heading down the road to work today, zipping along at the speed limit in the slow line. My front tried matched up with the rear tire of a full-size, brand new Chevy Suburban driven by this blond bimbo of a college student in the passing lane. Without warning, she hits her turn signal and starts pressing into my lane. No mirror check, no looking over the shoulder to scan the blindspot, no nothing. Just right over. I had to slam down two gears, pull full braking power, and pull onto the damned shoulder to prevent an accident.

She didn't even bat an eye. And I came to work furious.

Been up 30 hours now, and this is definitely not a good time to test me. Had I been in my truck, I'd have just let her pull into me and sued her ass. But I couldn't let her total Sasha. :-(

*edit*
    People that drive a vehicle meant for 6 passengers [bold]and[/bold] their luggage all alone as a daily driver piss me off. People that drive 6 mpg guzzlers in the city piss me off. People that treat nice vehicles like that piss me off. And goddammit, people that can't drive but pretend like they can anyway [bold]PISS ME THE HELL OFF![/bold]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

wow exactly, my eclipse has been ran off the road a few times from large suv's with dumb drivers. Ran off the road by a drunk, ran off the road by a semi driver. All in all in the 6 years i've had my car i've had some close calls and some horrible luck.

Here's my car 1998 Mitsubishi eclipse gs non turbo 420a motor
    Built motor and turboed

[​IMG]
    Here's my motor, it's a work in progress. 8.8:1 comp forged je pistons, eagle rods, stock ported head. t3/t04e turbonetics 50 trim .63ar turbo. A alot of money and time learning but a fun hobby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's my sig but i can't use it here, might be too flashy for you guys.

[​IMG]

i'm leader of the tech staff at http://forums.topredline.com. We have new owners and they changed the whole site and it totally sucks now. Anyway feel free to join or if you have any questions hit me up, i love to help people.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Just take one of the frames of your sig and make it a single jpeg in Photoshop. Boom...good sig with no work.

10. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

nah that would be pointless i have like 5 or 6 sigs so oh well. I could probably edit it in imageready and fix the size and all that but i'm too lazy.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Oh well. :)

Nice ride.

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

thanks, it's really just a hobby tho as is everything else. I learned so much by doing everything myself. I'm A+ certified, have an associates in multimedia lol and i work as a salesman in a local mall. Really nothing makes any sense. I started a small business and it's doing fairly well.

Anyway you guys see the new vette? It's a 2009 zr1 and it's completely bad ass. It will be a little over 100k but hp numbers are like 620hp at the crank produced by a supercharged ls9 6.2 liter v8.

There's some great videos of it on youtube,

here's one at barrett jackson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymR4wtYmzmU

on track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S7xbxuaXrA&feature=related

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Yeah, saw the info on that a few months back. It's a great car, but the number of people who buy them for daily drivers, just like SUVs, heavy trucks, and other high horsepower pavement pounders will be really really annoying. Gas prices will continue to rise. >.<

About the time I graduate, BMW will have released several turbo-diesel models here in the US. I'm going to buy one, and start cranking out my own bio-diesel here at home. I already know what i will name her: "Engrid," after the lovely leather-clad figure in several of my sigs. XD

14. shubagh18

shubagh18 Regular member

Hey Guys,

Im new to this thread, but I have a problem.

My radio in my Rover 620Si 1997 Model has been locked.

It is a 4 digit code protected radio and now I cannot find a code for it.

Has anyone got the 4 digit code that I can use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

The code is radio-specific. You need to contact the manufacturer, or if the radio is OEM, the dealer.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  16. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

If that is the vehicle's OEM radio, the code should be in your owner's manual or paperwork therein. If it's not, contact the dealer. If you are the original owner of the car, you can be pretty confident they won't charge you, especially if you do much business with them. All they have to do is flip open a folder and read you the number. Even if you're not the original owner, you can probably talk your way out of a fee.

Best bet is to actually travel to the dealership, though. That kind of stuff goes much better in person, especially if you're having it serviced. They're more incline to just "toss it in" on top of your other stuff, no charge.

18. boothy01

boothy01 Member

hi all can anyone help i have 2005 rx8 and want to fit an icelink ipod to headunit but i have standerd bose 6 disk headunit has anyone fitted one

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

I don't know what an icelink is, but a quick google brings up what appears to be a device that plugs into a standard input, perhaps tapping into your antenna signal. So, just pull the trim on your dash, pull your radio out, run the wire up through your dash so the link is wherever you want, perhaps on your center console, and plug it into the radio. Then, put everything back. Simple as 2nd grade math.