1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread - 4th Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Sep 13, 2010.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

Ryzen's right around the corner! Anybody else jumping on board? I'm still sporting an AMD 1090t 6-core. Continues to amaze, given it's age. With a few ebay sales, and money I've made with apps on my phone, cost be damned LOL!
    On the other hand, I'd greatly like to invest into a house this year. Guess we'll see just how well the new CPU's perform first ;)

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Ryzen looks incredibly promising. Not only could it be a competitor, it stands a chance at actually being better than Intel's current equivalent offerings. Really impressive single-core benchmarks floating around, though it remains to be seen if they are true.

I would most certainly be interested in another 6 core AMD at some point in the future, and the Ryzen 6 core is priced in my range. However, that's a rather large move for me. New CPU, board and RAM. Maybe when I get my tax return, hmm. lol. We'll see what happens.