1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The source image format is not acceptable. (error code -2)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by CCEncoder, Aug 27, 2004.

1. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

Just about any AVI file I open in virtual dub which is the recommended avi encoding program, gives me that error. I have the codes because I can watch the movies. Any problems? I would also like to know if it's not too much problem, what compressor to use when cutting the avi file or if I just want to re-encode it, leave it default? or select an option? if I leave it, will it use the same codec the video is encoded with?

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i'm not sure what cause the error. did you made sure that all the files are on the same folder ? and did you install the handler from the auxsetup ?

about cutting avi. i reall recommend that you cut the file from its I frame. you can easily scroll through I frames by holding shift jey and use the arrow key.
    cause the nature of mpeg 4 to be started with keyframes as it reference....

if you don't want to reencode use direct stream copy. it won't change but copy.
    if you want to reencode. use either fast recompress, or full processing if you want to use filters. then select compressors and choose the codec needed. you can configut\re the codec. but that is another topic.

3. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

I found out that the error shows only on all if not most DIVX files.