1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The video_TS file is one big continious file with 5 shorts how separate?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roberson, Sep 13, 2004.

1. roberson

roberson Guest

I have DVD with five shorts (The Three Stooges)all included in one single long video file. This video_TS file is continuious file and on DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter you can not break them apart. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Please advise as I run into DVD with continuious file several time that I like to extract several movies out of them and do not know how. Your answers are appreciated.
    Robert

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have not come across this problem myself, so what I'm suggesting may not be the best method:
    I think what you can do is to use a video capture program (e.g. Nero, Image Mixer) to transform the files included in the video_TS folder into original video clips (probably in mpeg format). Then you can organize and edit the clips (add/drop, regroup etc.)according to your liking and the capacity of the storage mechanism you are going to use (e.g. DVD disc). Then just burn. When you finish, the resulting disc will have the two same folders (audio_TS & vido_TS) and should be playable with the corresponding devices.
    I have a Sony DVD cam, this is what I do quite often to transfer and edit data from the small discs to the regular size discs.