1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is what I want from dvd.....is is possible?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by papagolf, Jan 26, 2003.

1. papagolf

papagolf Member

I am thinking of buying a dvd recorder, not for my pc, a stand alone. In principle they appear to do everything a vhs video recorder would do but I have the following questions:
    Can I record camcorder footage on to a dvd, sound included? Can I record other dvd movies? can I play dvd movies and benefit from the dolby pro logic that my tv has (cos nothing else in the world seems pro-logic compatible). How long does the average dvdr disc last (minutes) and likewise for the dvdwr discs. How much do the aforementioned discs cost? Can I record my old vhs movies on to dvd? I know theres a lot of questions here, but even if you could just answer one of them I would appreciate it. Thanks _X_X_X_X_X_[small]papagolf...thinking about buying a dvd-rw[/small]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2003
  2. malum

malum Regular member

Ok

I'll start by saying that a PC DVD recorder will do all that you ask and is way cheaper.

with a stand alone:
    You won't be able to copy DVD movies that have copy protection or are two layered (most of them)

The rest of you questions about stanalone recorders are beyond the scope of my knowledge

Dolby Pro logic is bollox anyway so i wouldn't worry about it.