TMPGEnc 3 XPress encoding error

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Hunter007, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I have an .avi file I want to encode into an NTSC DVD but everytime I click encode TMPGEnc gives me an error: "There is no quoted number of character-string '%.2f'." Can anyone tell me what the hell this means and how I can fix it?

Thanks, Hunter007

2. nist

nist Member

This is a common problem, please search the forum. who seeks will eventually find...

3. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

If it's such a common problem, I'd be glad for an answer. I'm not sure if the search feature doesn't work as it did before on AD, but I received nothing when I searched this.

4. nist

nist Member

This error comes out if your output drive doesn't have enough free space. I guess your "C:\" drive doesn't have enough space for cache or the file is larger than 4 gigs and the drive is fat32 (fat32 handles only maximum 4gb files, use ntfs disk structure instead).
    I'll recommend to empty the trash, remove unneccessary files and defrag the drive to start with. I highly fragmented drive could also cause this problem.
    Check if the output file is larger than 4 gigs, if it is try to split the file, decrease output size or convert the drive to ntfs (NTFS should be standard if your running xp or win2000). Hope it helps!

5. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

Thanks a lot, that was the problem. I didn't notice how many video files I had on my hard drive. I only had 2.2 gigs left and the output file was 4 gigs. I cleared up space and it's now encoding. I could have made the target my other hard drive, but I didn't think of this as the problem. I appreciate it.