1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc error code 0x80048002, VFAPIFrameServer.EXE

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dev1nsan, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

It doesn't seem like I'll be getting any help with my problem of converting avi to dvd using CCE so let's try this one.
    I'm trying to convert an avi file that I joined together and I ran divfix and ac3fix on it and they reported no error, but when I try to encode it with tmpgenc xpress about 37% done it gives me this error message "VFAPIFrameServer.EXE has encountered a problem" than I click OK and it says "Invalid sample format (error code 0x80048002).
    anybody know what I need to do.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Why DVD? Is the AVI's quality so high?
    The error seems an error coming from the VFAPI codec. But you shouldn't need it. Try using TMPGenc standard, instead. I don't know, I hate DVDs (time consuming and not quality increasing).

3. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

The reason I want it on a DVD is so I can just have 1 disc and the quality is pretty good. I'm not trying to convert straight to DVD (vob,ifo files),I'm converting it to an .m2v or .mpv file first and then I plan to author it and add the ac3 audio with Tmpgenc DVD Author.
    What do you mean VFAP has to do with the codec, please explain more about this.

4. bertcache

bertcache Member

ill help u with ur dvd problem but im not understanding wat u need help with please resate

5. Achillies

Achillies Member

Try going into ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS, Change the setting of the VFAPI plug-in:
    - The setting of the VFAPI plug-in : from "Environmental setting" "VFAPI plug-in".
    - Raise the priority of the corresponding plug-in to the read file.
    - Or, switch the readable plug-in.

You can even try this as explained recently in one of my other posts,
    - To prevent the error from occurring, go into Environmental setting then to the VFAPI plug-in tab. Unchecking the box on "AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader" It will stop the error from happening

Hope this helps

Achilles~

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  6. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

I posted this in the xvid divx section.
    Well I tried changing the VFAPIplug in priority to what you said Achiles and this time it doesn't give me a error message, TMPGenc Plus just crashes at 37%.
    I guess the avi file is corrupt but there was no error to report when I ran it through DivFix.
    Oh and Bartcache (sp) I don't have a DVD problem because I can't even convert it to mpeg2 to begin with before I can convert it to DVD. I heard you mentioning Cucusoft in another thread, does it retain the quality as good as tmpgenc. I've tried Winavi but it just converts avi into crap.

7. Achillies

Achillies Member

What you can also try if you haven't tried already is when you go to load the .avi file, TMPGEnc usually loads the audio with it if you go through the project wizard so try just loading the video only in the start up screen without the audio.

In regards to Cucusoft, its not a bad little program, however it doesnt really give you that much manual options to handle. Most cases you hear over the internet that quality is lost alot more when you try to encode for avi-dvd, mpg-dvd etc. You can try for yourself and compare to other higher encoding programs such as TMPGEnc. I still have Cucusoft, if you need anyhelp with it, just email me if u need help to registered it.

Achillies~

8. bertcache

bertcache Member

in my opinion yes it is beter i will be glade to email u a copy if u want to try

9. Torrentul

Torrentul Guest

I had the same problem when converting avi's (0x80048002), but managed to get around it by disabling the ac3 codec.

10. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

but I'm only encoding the video, I demuxed the ac3 into a seperate file and disabled audio on the avi file.

11. vegeta21x

vegeta21x Member

I downloaded a movie from a bittorrent thats an xvid video and I cannot convert it to anything no matter what I use. Its not corrupted cuz I watched it. I tried using the tools and ideas from this page and still nothing works. Can anyone please help?

12. Achillies

Achillies Member

You might want to try a program called "WinAVI"

~ Achillies

13. andusandy

andusandy Member

I have been having the same problem with xvid. I got around it by putting the two avi files through nerovision express separately then recoding to one dvd, still keeping the video quality. Tried everything listed on this page but nothing seems to work with tmpgenc express.

14. vegeta21x

vegeta21x Member

I got it, you need to convert it to Divx then to whatever after that.