1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc won't load my SVCD ripped mpg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by funkygib, Jan 5, 2004.

1. funkygib

funkygib Member

Hi, I'm following the guide on the website to convert an SVCD to a VCD, however when I try to load the MPEG that I ripped from the svcd with VCDEasy I get an error telling me the video file "cannot open, or unsupported". I am following the guide exactly so I really dont know what the problem could be.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    Ian

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Tmpgenc needs Specific Mpeg2 decoders to work with Mpeg2 files as the source files..It is Better to frameserve the File to Tmpgenc useing DVD2AVI anyways.... Follow this Guide :

#1)So First rip your SVCD/Mpeg2 file to your Hard drive useing something like "VCDEasy"..

#2)Then download DVD2AVI and Extract the Files to a Folder and go into the Folder and Copy and Paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp" File from the DVD2AVI folder into the TMPGEnc Install Directory ....
    #3) Now Run DVD2AVI and go to "File" to "open" and navigate to the Folder were the Mpeg2 was Ripped to and Choose the Mpeg and you should Now be able to see the Movie in the Programs Window...
    #4) Now we have to do some Settings in DVD2AVI...
    A)If you are Working with a NTSC SVCD then first go to "Video" to "Field Operation" and set it to "None" , If you are a doing a PAL SVCD then It should set it"s self to none by Default...
    B)Now under "Video" go to "YUV->RGB" and set it to "TV Scale"...
    C)Now go to "Audio" to "Track Number" and set it to "Track #1" now under audio go to "OutPut method" and set it to "Demux All Tracks" ....
    D) and now go to "Help" and make sure that "Vfapi Pligin" is selected....
    #5) Now go to "File" to "Save Project" and give the Project File and Name and save it .....
    #6) in a Few Minutes you will Have a File with a ".d2v" extention and a "MPA" or "Mp2" audio file...
    #7) Now you can Run TMPGEnc and Load the ".d2v" file in as the Video Source and Leave the Audio Blank because you do not need to re-encode the audio Because it is allready in the Correct Format for VCD..Now Do your setting as per the Manual you were Following for encodeing the Video to VCD but set the "Stream Type" to "ES(Video only)" and encode..
    #8) When the Video is Finnished encodeing you will have a .M1V File which is the Video ,Now you have to Multiplex the Mpa/Mp2 audio audio File that was Made by DVD2AVI with the Video, So in Tmpgenc go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "Simple Multiplex" and Load the .M1V file in for the Video and the MPA/MP2 audio file in for the Audio then choose either "Video CD" or "Video-CD NON-Standard" from the Dropdown Menu and then choose your output file destination and Name and then Click "Run" and it will Mux the 2 files together and you will Have a Vcd.....Cheers

PS: you can get DVD2AVI here :
    DVD2AVI
    http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/DVD2AVI_1.77.3.zip

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004