1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc won't open/encode my AVI file...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by acemecca, Feb 26, 2003.

1. acemecca

acemecca Member

I currently have The Two Towers in AVI (XVID) format. I tried using Nero, and it flipped my movie. So I read other threads, and they said to use TMPGEnc. I loaded up the program, and it won't open the *bleeping* file. Can someone please assist on what I can do in order to finally put this movie on a SVCD? Thanks!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Im sure you have the xvid codec but if you dont, then get it here - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/xvid.cfm

Now if that doesnt solve the problem, try this, click option - environmental settings in TMPGEnc. Click the vfapi plug-in tab and look for DirectShow in the list. Right click it and raise its priority until its at the top of the list. Then click ok and try to open the file again!

3. howlie

howlie Member

is this codec good for all avi files. i have bought nero...got the old unsupported files thing, but instead of posting a question read about the tmpegenc....but when i downloaded it i got another unsupported message from there

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well you need the xvid codec to play xvid files and that should also solve the problem with TMPGEnc, if it doesnt then the audio is causing the trouble!