1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc XPress 4 Error 0x80004005

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by casemodd, Dec 23, 2006.

1. casemodd

casemodd Member

Recently i formatted my computer and all of a sudden i get this error 0x80004005 When i try to encode xvid to vcd(mpeg1) I have all the proper codecs installed xvid,divx,ffdshow,3ivx,Ogg. My computer specs are as of P4 3.4ghz, 2 gigs ram, 2 raptors hds so i know its not the computer at fault. I have tried winavi and it works flawless its just that i want tmpgenc xpress 4 to work since i bought it and its such a waste of $$$ for this great encoder to fail me now.

2. Wenkuo

Wenkuo Member

it seems the codec is incompatable with Tmpgenc's file reader. you can try to close avi file reader to load file from directshow media reader. Also, i think ffdshow's codec is more compatible than Xvid's. Check & activate ffdshow's xvid codec.

3. casemodd

casemodd Member

I did what you said and nope it still refuses to load for some unknown reason. I emailed the makers of this product waiting see what they say dunno why it refuses to open xvid all of a sudden it worked great before i formatted. Thanks for the fast post mate.

4. casemodd

casemodd Member

My problem has been solved i did a full system format now its encoding perfect xvid to vcd just like i wanted to thanks for the fast post. Problem was caused was my machine froze when burning with the newest nero i clicked reset machine acted all strange so i formatted(quick) and then it refused to encode from xvid-vcd but now did the long format and its working great cheers mate. Im quite happy now that i dont have to dump my encoder i paid for :)