1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TO: Minion from Shorty2k AKA Anhar

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by shorty2k, Jan 11, 2004.

1. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

Well actually my real name is Anhar and i have a few questions:

(a) How do i change my nick from short2k to my real name as, the trends seems to be that more and more people nowadays use their real name in technical forums than using nicks, i have my real name in other forums , but not this one beacuse this was one of the first forums i joined and back then everyone was using their nick so i just followed the crowd, but i think it is time to change,

I just hope more people/users would adopt this as it seems to add that professional edge to any forum! and it seems to have an impact on how you respond to others, it feels more real as you are actually communicating with real names!

(b) Can you give more some info about how you get the best quality out of CCE (for AVI to mp2) i.e i would really appreate it if you could give me an example setting that you would normally use.

As i'm used to TMPgenc but have not fully used CCE as much as i would like to.

(c) Is there any way that you use CCE to load up anything other than AVI files? say an mpeg2 (not mpeg4) or qt?

Thank you

Anhar

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi ,CCE is a Very Advanced encoder to use, What makes it so advanced isn"t it"s Features But more it"s Lack of Features..CCE doesn"t have any Filters that are needed to make the Best Quality SVCD/DVD"s (I don"t use it for VCD/Mpeg1) Filters Like a Resize Filter or a Deinterlace filter or a good Noise Filter and it will Only Natively Load AVI files and Frameserver Files which makes it more Difficult to use...So the Only way to use it for encodeing Files downloaded off the Net to SVCD or DVD or to use Mpeg/Vob or ASF/WMV files as a Source file is to learn How to Frameserve useing AVISynth..AVISynth can Add many filters and resize and convert Frame rates and much more while Frameserveing allmost any Video or Audio format to CCE and this is what Makes CCE so Complicated to use properly...If you don"t know what AVISynth is then it can be Very intimidateing at first..AVISynth uses a sort of code written on NotePad to implement it"s Functions so the Tricky part is learning the Grammar used to write the code and to Know what filters you will need with each Particular file and each Filter will have it"s own Functions and way of implementing it"s Functions...You can read up on AVISynth at : http://www.avisynth.org/ ...As for the settings within CCE it"s self they would depend on what your source file is and what you want to encode it to and what version of CCE you were useing because it has gone through a Lot of Changes through the different versions...CCE isn"t really meant for poeple who don"t have a Very good Knowlege of Digital Video as you really have to know what your doing to use it to it"s potential ,For most poeple it is Better to use a More user friendly encoder Like Mainconcept ,Tmpgenc or even Canopus Procoder than CCE ....If you have any Specific Questions then let me know....Cheers

3. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

I do remember doing some framserving using DVD2AVI app, and then loading up the project file into TMPgec.

Any how thanks for the tip, i will go do some research.

As i said before i have used CCE SP 2.6 but i wanted to get the most out of it, since i have only played with it briefly.

I will tell you how i get on.

PS also about the nick changing is thier anyother way, other than ending this account and starting a fresh one?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  4. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

SUCCESS!!!

Cheers Minion i got the CCE to load up both mpeg videos as well as WMV streaming video!!

Man what can i say you are the DON!!

Thanks from Anhar!