1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent to DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dzigs, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Dzigs

Dzigs Member

Hello. I searched through the FAQs, guides, and search function and could not find an answer to what I imagine is a simple problem.

I am using Nero to burn torrents to DVD+Rs and although it is possible to do so for something an hour long, any regular length 90 or 120 minute movie's size is to large and won't fit. Used space: 1085 MB, 382.5 more than available. I have tried downloading most programs you've suggested with no success in their application to my dilemma. Is there a way to reduce size? I am curious as to what I'm doing wrong.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

It's probably because your HD is getting full. I've had that happen before. Once I cleared some space on the HD, it worked fine.
    Give that a try.

3. Dzigs

Dzigs Member

I can try to free up some space, although I'm not sure I understand why the HD space would have an effect on the size of the file I'm burning. And I should be making video cds in Nero not data ones, correct?

4. JVC

JVC Active member

You said dvds.........not cds.
    With dvds, the files are usually put in a folder on the HD, before being burned to disc. That's why you need enough space on your HD.
    So, are you burning DVDs, or VCDs?

5. Dzigs

Dzigs Member

The only option I had seen given in Nero was VCDs so it would appear those are what I'm making. What is the difference between the two when it comes to burning?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  6. JVC

JVC Active member

Don't know..........I've never done a VCD.
    One huge difference, I do know of.....DVDs are 4.7 GB or 8.5 GB (DL's). CDs are only 700 MB.

What version of Nero are you using?
    When you click on the "Nero Start Smart" icon, to open Nero, the window that opens, has two drop down tabs, in the upper right corner. One is for DVD, and the other is for CD.

7. Dzigs

Dzigs Member

I have been using DVDs not CDs, so I thought they should still have the 4.7 GBs of space.

I have Nero 6 I believe, so I did what you said and changed it to DVD, however it did the same thing which I believe was the reason I stopped choosing the DVD option - which was that it'll spend 2 hours saying its burning the whole thing and when it's done it says the DVD is still blank.

8. JVC

JVC Active member

Sorry, but I don't know what else to tell you.
    Maybe someone else will chime in with suggestions.........
    Good luck!

9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

Dzigs what the other poster was trying to say was that before nero burns your torrent file to your disk, it stores the files to the hard drive first before it burns to the dvd or cd, do you know how big your hard drive is? do you know how much free space you have left on your hard drive? if you do not have enough free space on your hard drive, that could be why you are geting the error that you get, also what format are the torrents in, are they avi,xvid,dvix,iso,img,wmv, if the files are any of theese formats you will need to convert the files except for the iso,img, you can burn theese straight to dvd, also most torrent files are rared or ziped up and you have to unrar them.