1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TORX 10 PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by G4MERZO1D, Apr 23, 2003.

1. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

my xecuter 2 pro has finally arrived!!! :]

but...2 things...

a) i gotta wait for my dad to get home from work so he can solder if for me :/

and

b) i only have a Torx 15 and Torx 20 screwdriver!!! I dont have a Torx 10!!! :/

does/did anyone else have the same or similar problem to me and how did you get around this? except buying a Torx 10!!! (i cant be bothered spending more cash!)

Thanks, plz reply ASAP as I want the chip in today!!! :]

2. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

Dude, they're cheap..save yourself the headache and just buy the damn thing...don't half ass something this important.

3. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

i know there cheap, but i just spent all my cash on this chip and NBA 2K3!!!

im broke!! lol

4. hackuk

hackuk Member

There CHEAP BUY Them!!!!! mine cost £4.99 it came with a screwdriver and 15 different fittings!!!!!

Better than damaging your box, if you damage the head you wont get them out and never chip your machine

5. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Guest

You use a Torx 20 to get the screws out on the bottom of the case. the TORX 10 is only for the motherboard, and most Modchips you don't need to take the mother board out to install it.

6. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

Torx 10 is also for the plastic trays that hold the dvd drive and HD.

7. Dank

Dank Regular member

yeah you need a 10 to take out the HD and DVD drive.. but for fusk sakes save up a lil bit and buy the 5$ bit. it will save you a big headache if you do things correctly the first time.