1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Satellite A135S2276 BIOS Password help please !

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by fbhwes, Jul 16, 2007.

1. fbhwes

fbhwes Member

My Laptop froze today and all attempts to shut it down did not respond i made the monumental mistake of trying to remove the battery to shut it down. When it came back on it didn't give me the usual do you want to start windows normally prompt ( I'm running Vista basic by the way). It told me to press F1 for start up, so i did so but it's been prompting me for a password a password i evidentally do not know. I have tried every password i could have possibly used . I have a Windows access password i remember setting, i do not recall however setting any other passwords for my computer when i set it up. How am i supposed to know this password did i do it and not remember it ? I have searched these forums for an answer but none of the posts have been helpful i started this new thread because all the others were older than 60 days and i was not allowed to respond in them. Help me if you can. As i do not about this BIOS stuff.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

chances are it was set by the system manufacturer, if none of the obvious like 'admin' or 'password' work, contact who you bought the laptop from, or Toshiba themselves.