1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

totally lost...AVI's, Video/Audio_TS, Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blue0921, Jan 24, 2005.

1. blue0921

blue0921 Guest

How do you get AVI's on a dvd-r/rw?? Can someone also explain the Video_ts, Audio_ts thing to me. I don't understand what they are or how you create them or whatever. I have made a few dvd's before but the program I used causes me to have to use multiple discs for every movie. I see everybody talking about Nero and I tried to used it but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone please explain in great detail and dummy terms so I will understand or point me in the right direction to where I can easily learn how to work with these programs and make some dvd's.

2. paulsy

paulsy Member

blue..i'm a complete beginner at this as well,just burnt my first movie last night,get yourself some dvd rw's and keep fiddleing with nero,take a look at the guides,read through the forums look for people having the same problems seems to have done the trick for me,although something tells me my problems are only beginning,stick at it you'll get there..all the best, P.

3. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Hey Blue

Just a little more info please.

You are burning to DVD-R not CD-R?
    You're Starting with AVI files?
    What Programs are you using?
    What Media ....DVD Disks... are you using?

If you have a DVD Burner why not forget about the AVI Files and use dvd shrink or a similar program to do your work. Dvd shrink works with your nero making things a little easier for the inexperienced though there are some learning curves.

I suggest you get 3 programs from the software section here and install them ..... Dvdshrink ..... Dvd Decryptor .... AnyDvd.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

With those 3 you will be able to backup just about anything and there are plenty of guides here at Afterdawn to help you. There are allot of other programs you can use but those are the ones I like other members may have a different aproach. If you have problems after you get to playing with your new goodies then come back and we will get you going.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  4. blue0921

blue0921 Guest

I have DVD-RWs and only AVI files to put on them. I have Nero, Dvd shrink, and DVD encryptor. Everytime I try Nero, it starts up and in the middle is says compilation error or something. I have no idea what that means. I don't know what I'm doing.

5. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Well when u recieve this error , what type of disc were u burning? Also if u have avi files too get them too dvd u will have to convert them to a dvd stream then use nero too burn them as a dvd video disc. Look up this proggy called Winavi convertor this is a really simple too use program to transcode video and very fast too. Another thing about nero by the way. Do u have any other cd/dvd burning software installed? if u do then uninstall it nero is a great app but it is a bit buggy , A few things too remember when buring however are too, run spyware and adware scans and run antivirus scans , run a good disk cleaner , and last but not the least defrag ur hdd, i've had trouble out of nero by not simply defraging my hdd. Nero is a great app for all ur burning needs once u figure it out however, but it isnt that hard. Let me know how things go, if any more help is needed just post away.

6. blue0921

blue0921 Guest

Thanks for the WINAVI tip. I think I get it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

See if your version of Nero has Nero Vision Express. It will do the conversion and burn for you.

Jerry