1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble FTPing to my Xbox... any help would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by asthmatic, Mar 12, 2007.

1. asthmatic

asthmatic Member

I softmodded my Xbox yesterday, and now I'm trying to connect to it with my PC in order to FTP the files for XBMC. I can't get the FTP to connect, though. I've read through all of the threads on here and tried everything I can think of... all I can hope is that someone can take a look at what I've got and tell me where I went wrong with it.

-I modded it by using a copy of Splinter Cell and a USB drive to get the game saves onto the Xbox, installed everything like the tutorial said and now I have the Evolution-X dashboard running - no problem that I can see there.

-I've tried using FlashFXP and SmartFTP, with no luck. The PC and the Xbox are both connected to a router. This is what my IP info looks like:

For the PC:
    IP: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Def. Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 68.87.71.226
    & 68.87.72.242

For the XBOX:
    IP: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0

I have left both the name and password "xbox". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I try and connect it says that the Xbox refused the connection. I'd really appreciate any ideas.

2. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

are you using a

Cross over cable or a hub/router?

3. asthmatic

asthmatic Member

I'm using a router, and I don't know if it makes a difference; but I'm using Windows Vista as well.

4. asthmatic

asthmatic Member

Thank you for responding, but I got it working.