1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ts-h652l DVD Burning Problem - please help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 1plus1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. 1plus1

1plus1 Guest

Hey forum folks!

I'm stuck. I've been having a bit of a burning issue (video, data, isos, anything). My drive used to work fine (burned 4gb in 6 min), but about 2 weeks ago it started taking a long time to burn (usually 45 min for 4 gb of data). Nero, ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, every program I use is having the same problem. The burn always succeeds, but always takes a long time. Nero says "6 min remaining", but it still takes forever. I've uninstalled & reinstalled NERO with no luck. I've heard that people have had this type of problem with Nero InCD, so I disabled that, with no luck.

I'm running an HP system, my drive is TSSTcorp cd/dvdw ts-h652l (16x +- RW), with plenty of HD space, RAM, & dual amd64 processors. My system is running perfectly otherwise, and it used to work just fine, so I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

Please, ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

Lets see : have you done a virus check
    have you checked for spyware
    have you defragged recently
    did you use clean tools on nero
    what version are you running
    whats the o/s
    can you provide a log file from your nero burn
    whats the media

zei

3. 1plus1

1plus1 Guest

My problem was solved on another forum. Somehow my DMA was disabled (even though it said it was enabled, weird glitch). I had to uninstall all my IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, & let the OS reinstall them. Seems to have worked perfectly.

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

glad it was sorted

zei