1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning DVD Recorder.

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Meanjd, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Meanjd

Meanjd Member

Folks,

I'm having problems trying to tune my Sony RDR-HX750 DVD Recorder in to a 'Digivox' Digital Cable Receiver. When I run an Auto Tune it doesn't pick it up. Is it possible to dedicate one channel on the DVD Recorder to the Digital Receiver as you can do with the TV to the DVD Recorder?

Regards,
    Meanjd.

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi Meanjd, tuners in recorders cannot tune in channels from a cablebox. You can send an A/V output (S-Video or Composite) from the cablebox to your recorder and record choosing the appropriate input/source, all video lines from the cablebox should be sending a signal including the coax, so you would need to split the audio outputs if you want to use both S-Video and Composite.

Another tip is that you can also split the cable, one to the cablebox, the other to the recorder, this way you can record from the recorder's tuner lineup, and watch the cablebox at the same time.

3. Meanjd

Meanjd Member

CrazCanuk - Thanks for advice. Have everything up and running now. I've channels coming out my ears.

Regards,
    Meanjd.