1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn a movie on my HD to DVDR+

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fatbstard, Jan 29, 2004.

1. fatbstard

fatbstard Guest

I copied a movie that I own to my HD. I now want to rip it to a dvd r+. I have a copy of dvd decrypter, but it doesn't want to recognize the file. Is there anyway to rip this movie? All help is appreciated....

2. fatbstard

fatbstard Guest

I guess there isn't an answer....

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Could you explain yourself better perhaps & I will try to help fat b'stard !!;-)

You have ripped/unencrypted a DVD you own w/ DVD Decrypter and you want to know how to put them files onto a DVD+R ?

herbs

(P.S. I'm surprised you havent had a reply of some nature , as we are quite a friendly/helpful bunch here at aD)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    'I give you all these seed bearing plants on earth to use'... GENESIS[/small]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  4. rack04

rack04 Member

Why would you need DVD Decrypter if you already have it on your HD? I am assuming that you used DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD. Now that this process is completed to need a copy of DVD Shrink. Follow this guide to compress the files to fit on a single DVD+-R.

http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/shrink31.htm

The change that you will have to make is in step 3. Instead of clicking on the open disk button in the main window you will need to go to file then open. This will allow you to browse for your files. Make sure that all your files are stored in a single folder. Follow the rest of the steps in the guide.

After the files are compressed to fit on a single DVD+-R you will now burn it to a DVD. Follow this step-by-step guide. To use this guide you will need a copy of Nero.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

5. fatbstard

fatbstard Guest

O.k.- I think I figured it out. I was confused on the right steps to take. I did not use a decrypter, I just copied it over from the dvd. I went bak and corrected this with dvdshrink.
    If you are a newbie, here is the simplest and most effective way to back-up a movie---
    1. Download DVD Shrink. Let it read the dvd. You can then re-author it without all of the extras. It gives you a very good copy. Let it save to a Video_ts folder on your desk top. Once it's burned, you can delete it.
    2. Get Nero-- This program is awesome. Download the demo. Use it for a couple of days. Then pay the 69.99.
    It will automatically take you through the burn process.
    IMO- Decrypter is for the advanced user. I was having trouble with it. Maybe because of XP?
    Anyways, making back-up copies has never been easier for me.
    I am no pro, so listen to the pros. This just seems to work very well for me.
    Also, make sure that you have a dvd player that will play dvd+. I picked up a Sony last night for $116. It plays everything + or -.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear you sorted it !!: )

I own two Sony DVD Players (one being the latest PS2 w/ progressive scan drive) and they both play -R or +R media.
    The Sony stand alone (DVP-NS305) plays RW media (CD or DVD) which is nice.
    Long character filenames are allowed on mp3 (id3 tag) aswell ;-)

peace