1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. shawty

shawty Member

anyone knows how to ftp to filezilla with router and xbmc?
    I used to ftp with crossover cable (you can see my noob questions in the first page of this thread) but i recently got a router and can't connect, PimpDawg says you have to switch static off, guess xbmc didn't exist back then or wasn't popular, but when I change to DHCP I lose my xbox IP info, I tried logging in with previous 192.168.0.3 settings but won't get past "waiting for welcome message"
    is this already solved?

2. tomkat112

tomkat112 Member

This is sort of yesterdays news but I am just working on it now, so bear with me and help please.
    I have successfully modded my V1.0 Xbox with a Xecuter 3CE chip with lastest BIOS version 3294. I have the Xbox wired via CAT5 patch cable to my Linksys wireless N router. My network is setup like this, sat internet resides at 192.168.01 which connects to internet port of linksys which is at 192.168.1.1 and gives out IP's starting at 192.168.1.100. Every client device so far as worked perfectly with this (IE: Wii, wireless printer, laptop, until the Xbox. The X3 config live screen shows the Xbox IP as 192.168.1.105, the Linksys shows this in the DHCP reservation tables and has the Xbox's MAC address. I have tried statis and DHCP modes in X3 config live, I've tried changing the gateway to 192.168.1.100, etc. I've tried with win fire wall off.
    Yet when I connect vis Filezilla it connects, shows the Xbox's folders, lets me create new directories but when I try to transfer a file, Filezilla says connected...waiting for welcome message, then times out and keeps retrying.
    I have also tried IE 8 FTP method and again it sees the Xbox but when I say open FTP in windows Explorer it times out at some point and says access denied.
    What the he77 is keeping me locked out or what am I doing wrong? I feel it is something simple that I do not know. Is their a bug in the X3 bios with the FTP?
    I need help. All I am trying to do is get XBMC over on it for now and later I want to use the Xbox to stream SD movies over LAN to my TV. I think I could burn a DVD-R with XBMC Installer Deluxe but that doesn't solve the streaming part and it's a nagging matter of the fact that this should work, dang it.

3. bigdaddy31177

bigdaddy31177 Member

I am a noobie on almost all levels of this lol OK I need to know how to burn a dvd to play on xbox I have dl c-xbox tool and not a hundred percent sure how to use it I am guessing just like Ultra ISO or any burning program but does it automatically turn iso into xiso anyone help is appreciated I have done a lot of reading a lot trust me and still am missing something fill dumb when I figure it out just now learned how to soft mod and thought it was so easy when I figured it out anyway any help is appreciated also have dvd2xbox how do I install it I have burnt like 5 dvds and they show on my xbox I can read them but they wont load get error 03 or 05 everytime I try to transfer to xbox HELP me please

4. SpagaaK559

SpagaaK559 Member

I followed the guide using a the pc option and it worked fine the first time.....Thanx PimpDawg