1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by brucedlx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Kiriyami

Kiriyami Guest

How on earth do you track your order on that site?

2. Freqhog

Freqhog Member

URL??? I want one!!!

3. nyder

nyder Guest

the link is on page 34 of this thread.

You are going to have to cut & paste the thread.

You do know that this is from a uk store and it's the pal version, right?

4. Freqhog

Freqhog Member

No cause im n00b =D!!!

5. nyder

nyder Guest

no, you didn't know because you didn't want to read the thread (at 35 pages long, I don't really blame you), but if you had started backwards, maybe you would of seen it. =)

Unfortunetly, us NTSC users are bummed. Have to find a used one on ebay or something similiar.
    But with the prices of the mod chips falling, you can pick up a chip that will let you load dols thru a bba.

guess it all depends on what you want the mad drive pro for.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  6. Freqhog

Freqhog Member

Well to be honest I posted that and ventured, the reason I never seen it before is because its not in a blue url, underlined link, it just blends in with the normal text making it hard to find. Yes its a shame the max drive pro is limited, ebay I have found no luck so far, but meh I was thinking about a chip but I dunno............

7. supag191

supag191 Member

No Problem omz!

8. satoris

satoris Member

Has anybody verified the claim that the so-called "PAL Max Drive Pro" is actually PAL only?

The GC software disk might be a PAL version, but that only means black and white, with rolling screen if you have a 60Hz TV with no screen lock. But it would still be useable, it might just be a pain in the arse until you got used to it.

Personally, I'd think that would still be better than spending who knows how much for a bba + PSO or a mod chip.

9. Freqhog

Freqhog Member

So also get freeloader???

"Play PAL games on a US or Japanese GameCube"

They are cheap fer $10

10. koppit

koppit Member

okay i've done some scouring .. first I ordered a max drive pro from codejunkies, and received the following:

Your order, ########, has been authorised. Unfortunately, we are awaiting stock for this product. Unfortunately we no longer stock this item

So I kept looking, found a french website that sells them, too bad they don't ship to canada :(

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/47387857/Action-Replay-Max-Drive-Pro-Accessoire-Gamecube.html
    (mislabeled?)

I'm awaiting a response from datel and codejunkies.

11. nyder

nyder Guest

Gamecube mod chips have dropped in price at a lot of places.
    You can get a Xeno for under $10.
    I'm going to buy a Ninja Mod & tool, with shipping will be under $25 ($14 for NM, 4 for tool, 5 for shipping)

Would be less if I went for the Xeno or the other one.

Defiently cheaper then getting the datel max drive pro. Of course, you have to install it. Which, if you've done some soldering before, have a steady hand and have patience, it shouldn't be too hard.

Hopefully I won't be eating those words... =)

I'm still planning on making an SD adapter when I can get some decent directions for it.

12. koppit

koppit Member

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

nyder,
    Could you give us some links for these mod chips and some advice on a chip to purchase? With the MD Pro getting harder and harder to find and maybe the support going away some time soon I may actually consider a mod chip. Plus the GAMECUBE is getting replaced by the Wii I'm assuming.

...........c

14. JSchlotty

JSchlotty Member

I've been doing a little research on this topic and found this per

You can purchase either the Max Drive Pro or the Action Replay Evo Edition directly from http://www.codejunkies.com. You will notice that both of these items are “usually” on backorder. Just order the unit and it will be shipped to you shortly as these items “are always listed on backorder”. There are two versions of the Evo pack in production so make sure the one you purchase includes the "Max Drive Pro" and not the normal "Max Drive".

So from what I getting is that the action replay evo edition will work for this softmod method, only thing is I'm having just as many problems trying to hunt one of these down for the gamecube

15. koppit

koppit Member

yeahhh. They don't have any in stock and no longer stock the item. I haven't received a response as to when's the earliest it would arrive.. Sorry :(

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

can anyone help me please? i'm new to the gamecube backup scene and i just heard about this gamecube OS so does it work without a modchip? can i use this?

to boot the OS? what about media? what good media can i use to boot backups? i don't want to do any modifications to my cube.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  17. koppit

koppit Member

well it is getting to be a long thread, but you can't realistically find the max drive pro anywhere .. unless it's from someone selling it here. the first page gives you media information :)

18. elasu3

elasu3 Guest

Great guide

19. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

Not sure if it will help anyone out, but I found and ordered a AR Max from mod-chip.com I will update when I receive. It was 30 USD.

20. nyder

nyder Guest

You do understand that the AR Max isn't the same thing as the AR Max Drive?

What you are buying is the the Action Replay cheat device. It has no way of loading DOL files, since it has no usb connector for the PC.

You should cancel that order if you wanted to be able to load DOL files (run GCOS), and order the new SD adapter & card for the Gamecube & Wii. That costs $50, but it comes with a 1gig SD card, and will let you load up DOLS (GCos) no problem. So far you can only get it on Datel's web site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007