1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by brucedlx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

2. nyder

nyder Guest

Yes, that usb memory card should work. But maybe not the same way the SD adapter works. With the SD adapter you can run homebrew, ie "dols", meaning you can load up GCos on it and then boot backups.

The usb memory card you would have to copy the exploited file probably over to an official nintendo card, just like the PSO&BBA way, except you are skipping the whole PSO thingy because you already have a way to get the exploit file onto the memory card.
    I don't think you can put dols on the usb memory card and run them from it. I could be wrong, I've never used any of those devices.

Basicly, the SD thingy would make it very easy, and the usb MC requires additional steps, but I think you only have to do it once.

oh, ya. I'm have been mentioning that you can use the SD thingy to load up GC homebrew & Backups on the Wii, only to clarify what the device is for, and why it should work like it does on the Wii. It will work the same as having the SD Loader device thingy that they put out awhile ago.

I'm pretty sure if you get the usb memory card thing, you will also need Action Replay to load the exploit. Once again, I'm not sure because i've never dealt with this before. This is based on how the PSO&BBA exploit works. The advantage of the SD adaptor is you can run the homebrew (GCos) straight off of it.

I'm hoping to get to doing my mod chip this coming weekend, once I do, I will be making some exploit MC's, so I will then understand exactly how it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  3. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

I can't wait, thanks for everything, also on the 31st I will post a site where you can get the SD Gecko for 20 shipped, codejunkies does not know when their product will be in stock...

4. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

so has it been confirmed that the new sd card from codejunkies WILL run backups and homebrew? I've found an awesome deal for a 'mint' gamecube on ebay with several games, but I wanna back them up. Any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

Wulfie

5. nyder

nyder Guest

I can't find the site where the person said it worked. But regardless, it does. If people want to wait till someone confirms it here, everyone will be waiting till they can't get it anymore.

Not worth my time to keep repeating myself anyways.

6. pasaitoh

pasaitoh Member

code junkies said they had the sd media loader for gc/wii instock. So I ordered it. Once I receive it, I'll give it a whirl and report my results.

7. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

I'll have my SD Media Launcher from Datel on thursday (2/8/07) and will give it a good going through and post my results here afterwards :)

8. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

okay, I can confirm that the datel sd media launcher DOES all us to run backups on gamecube!! No more sdload needed!! No more Action Replay / SD Gecko!! Just put gcos 1.x on your sd, via the usb sd reader (1gb sd and usb sd reader come included), put sd into memory card (also provided), put memory stick in port B, put media launcher dvd in gamecube, boot! Load gcos 1.x, select 'boot dvd', swap out media launcher for backup game, close lid, press A and PLAY! :)

Wulfie

9. SiK520

SiK520 Guest

So does that mean the new SD Media Launcher 1GB for GameCube/Wii (http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&ProdID=389) works for launching homebrew, imports and legal backups in ISO format? What about .GCM format backups? But it doesn't come with the AR cheats right? TiA

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  10. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

I have a question, I have the emulators on the card, and the roms on the card, but when I load the emualtor and choose, load from sd card it can not locate the sd card, help??

11. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

you need to burn your iso/gcm file to a minidvd. gcm files ARE iso files, just change the extension

12. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Which emulators are you using? for the snes emulator, put your roms in a folder labeled SNESROMS, and NESROMS for nes, and PGROMS for genesis.

13. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

I will have to check when I get home, but I thought that is how he set it up, Is that how I load it though through load from SD Card?

14. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

unless you've burned your roms to a dvd

15. Tybalt_39

Tybalt_39 Guest

Does the SD launcher way work on the Wii?

16. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

only in GC mode and it will only run homebrew/emulators

17. Tybalt_39

Tybalt_39 Guest

Wont run back-ups on Wii then?

18. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

correct, you can't run gc backups on wii, only homebrew/emulators

19. Tybalt_39

Tybalt_39 Guest

Ok, thanks.

Is there anyway to run GC back-ups on the wii besides a Wii mod-chip?

20. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

not currently