1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

Yeah, that's what I thought but my largest file is 52.7kb and won't work. I've even tried different Bit Rates...to no avail.

2. winet05

winet05 Member

Well i have been using a software called one click ringtone converter it converts normal audio files eg MP3s to mp3 ringtones..and i mean a full mp3..it can even do the normal mp3 tone...but if u dont want to cut and use the 15 seconds off a song...why not just use the full song...it will convert a full mp3 file of 3mb size and greater to 1.5mb or less depending on the rate...and it will retain the original quality. i have put over 10 mp3s on my fone..Motorola A835 (it has 64 mb of built in memory). u can transfer them to ur fone using either bluetooth, usb cable or infrared from ur PC. I have a link for u to download its
    http://rapidshare.de/files/26078062/Ringtone_converter_with_crack.rar.html

The password for the file is rudebwai06.streamload.com

Thats one word and enter it the way it is..

3. arcanix

arcanix Active member

Because some phones have only few megabytes of internal memory, and no option for memorycard. And if your phone supports mp3's and you have a memorycard, then there's no need to even convert them.

It's not possible. When you convert an mp3 again, the quality will suffer (even if the bitrate is same).

4. JaceMan

JaceMan Member

Arcanix,

I see that you have a Nokia 6101. How in the world do you get mp3's loaded to the stupid thing. I have tried emailing myself various mp3's tweaked with Audacity, and every single time I find that the attachment has been "dropped".

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

-Edit-

with a little extra work I was able to get mytinyphone.com to work.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  5. morganee8

morganee8 Member

is there any way someone could do this for me? because i dont understand this at ALL. hahaha...all of this is pretty much a blur, i am so confused! :(

6. skeeter69

skeeter69 Member

when i encode my wav file from audacity on razorlame, it doesnt do anything. it says working on file 0 of 0. wtf? is there any settings i need to change

7. brian032

brian032 Member

Or you could also use http://www.theringtonemaker.com
    You can create unlimited ringtones for a lot of phones if you buy a $13 licence. I've made about 40 ringtones. It's easier.

8. D_Angelo

D_Angelo Guest

Are there any free WAV to MIDI converters out there? Thanks.

9. vbalplayr

vbalplayr Member

how do i put them on a motorola L2, my computers dont read it and i cant add it to my phone

10. D_Angelo

D_Angelo Guest

If you are in RazorLame and after clicking Encode are getting "working on file 0 of 0" - this means that you do not have the lame.exe in the Razorlame folder along with all of the other files. This was not clear in the instructions.

Download the .zip below and make sure you put the Lame.exe in the Razorlame folder - then it should encode fine.

[bold]http://www.free-codecs.com/Lame_Encoder_download.htm[/bold]

11. UNCLEBRO

UNCLEBRO Guest

im new to this site and i notice alot of the moto phones start wit the leter v (v300 v620) my question is will the progams on this site work for the motorola i560 and i860 phones

12. test333

test333 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  13. fortylove

fortylove Member

Someone above was asking of a freeware way to trim mp3s

I have been messing around with phones and reading forums , esp this one for a long time now. I have seen many different ways people choose to trim and transfer ringtones to their phone. Here is what I do , and it works perfect for me.

I use a free program called mp3trim It's a very simple program , you just load up the mp3 and tell it to either trim off the begining or end , and how much on each. You can find this for download by searching on google.

Once I have trimmed down my song to about 13 to 20 seconds. I login to my FREE www.geocities.com account and upload the mp3 that I just edited. Geocities is owned by Yahoo! so if you already have a yahoo! account you can login with that at geocities.com

You can use any site that you have access to upload files to. Once the song has been uploaded I then goto my phone (moto v551) And enter the url www.geocities.com/fortylove which brings up my list of files I have uploaded from my computer. I just scroll down to the song I just uploaded , select it and it downloads.

Simple as that. Hope this helps someone.

fortylove aka lethalwisdom

14. maxi032

maxi032 Member

It is much easyer with "Make Your Own Ringtones". The best ringtones software. You simply choose the song file, then the fragment you want to ringtonize and send it to your phone via wap. Simple as that.

15. UNCLEBRO

UNCLEBRO Guest

The best program i have used has been "COOL EDIT PRO 2" Works really well when you are using a nextel phone. You can google it and get a free 30day trial. Because i dont like to buy anything can someone tell me of a free program to "trim" musik for the nextel moto line of fones? Also how come when i delete freeware . Reeinstal it it tells me "Trial period has expirED??"

16. D_Angelo

D_Angelo Guest

Because the software is smarter than you cheap arses.

17. mohamedah

mohamedah Guest

18. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Nice tut but mind if I say somethin? I use cool edit pro 2(which isnt free so I dont recommend it), and what I do is listen to the whole song first. Then I pick a section I like. Then I zoom in on the part where I want it to start and try to set it somewhere like the beginning of the chorus or the like. Then I go to where I want it to end and again fine tone it to end somewhere that doesnt sound like just a random spot. Then I cut all the rest of the song around it. Now I select the last second of the track and fade it out. Then, I save it as a 48Kbps MP3. I usually get around a 100kb file.

19. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

*cough*torrents*cough*.

20. Reveille

Reveille Member

When I press "Encode" it says that the file cannot be found. I did download LAME and put it in the same file diectory, but I still get this error, can anybody help me out?