1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"TV System Doesn't Match" message???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zomba_830, Jan 8, 2005.

1. zomba_830

zomba_830 Member

After converting one of my AVI's to DVD-R, then trying to play it back in my dvd player, I get this message on my tv screen:

"TV system doesn't match"

Any thoughts or ideas on why I'm getting this message and how to fix it?

2. colw

colw Active member

If you have a NTSC/Pal option on your remote control, try pressing this button.

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I doubt he has a multi-system DVD player. Your burner could have the wrong region code, your DVD authoring program could be set for the wrong region, or you could have something like AnyDVD set for the wrong region. If you live in North America, it should be NTSC, PAL is for Europe. There are some others and some variations of these, but these are the ones most countries use. Check these out and tell us what you see.

4. zomba_830

zomba_830 Member

I don't have this option.

What I'm thinking is I misread the frame rate and created the wrong kind of dvd (ntsc/pal).

Would I receive this message if I made that mistake?

5. zomba_830

zomba_830 Member

I used DVD Shrink to encode and burn this dvd and I'm sure I had it set to "region free".

Would my burner's region setting affect this dvd, even though DVD Shrink was set to region free?

6. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

well I wouldn't think so, but it's always a possibility. You could try burning it for the region you are in, I have never had a region free disc not work, but maybe your player is buggy and only plays ones designated for a specific region.