1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Tuner Card basic question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by grantr, Feb 6, 2008.

1. grantr

grantr Member

I am interested in getting a TV tuner card for my PC. I just want to be able to record programs to my HD and copy them to a DVD for later viewing on my normal TV. I was wondering though, as I don't have a nearby aerial socket to plug it into, can I connect it to my cable modem socket with some kind of splitter so I can plug both in? (I have broadband cable with Optus in Australia and it is the same cable that carries their Pay TV signal although I am not a subscriber to this. I thought that since this cable carries their TV signal, both free to air and Pay TV, that I should be able to use it). What do you think?
    Thanks.

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

That's what I do here in the US. I assume that it will work in Australia as well.

3. grantr

grantr Member

Thanks. I was pretty sure it would. I just hope I can find the right splitter/adaptor because the outlet where my cable modem goes into isnt like a normal coaxial plug, its a sort of pin one which screws in.