1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV tuner card works with cable AFTER digital box ONLY

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by jeffk43, Apr 21, 2004.

1. jeffk43

jeffk43 Guest

My TV tuner card works with cable AFTER digital box ONLY. And I can use remote for digital box only (not remote for TV tuner card).
    If I use cable BEFORE digital box I cannot capture TV on my screen
    Why?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Of cource you can not Capture Digital cable with a regular TV Card...The Tuners on TV Cards are only for Tuneing in Regular analogue Cable and can not tune in Digital Signals...
    The way you are doing it by useing your Cable Box as the Tuner is the Only way you can capture Digital cable on your TV Card....

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Unless the cable is digital only, there should still be an analog signal to capture from. Before I got my satellite dish I had the cable coming into the living room split and used the analog signal for my captures because I didn't capture anything that required the digital signal, and the analog gave me better picture quality. The digital signal was way too compressed.

4. jeffk43

jeffk43 Guest

When I use a regular TV Card and capture Digital cable I can change my channels on computer monitor only if I change channels on TV then channels on my computer monitor change automatically. It is not comfortable for me, because I should watch SAME program on TV and my computer monitor.
    Could I overcome this problem?
    Is there digital TV Card?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Like I said in your PM you are "Sh*t out of Luck"...

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you want the digital signal you have to have a digital cable receiver to convert it to analog. Your card doesn't do that. It only gives you the analog output from the receiver. That's just the way it works.