1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv tuner recognition in virtual dub

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by willya29, Jan 28, 2005.

1. willya29

willya29 Guest

I have a pixelview tv mpeg2 card. When trying to use virtual dub to record from tv, virtual dub will not recognize my card. I have used it before without this problem. It keeps telling me I have another program running, bu I can,t find one if it is. I have Nerovision, flaskmpeg,intervideo win dvr,tmpgenc, win moviemaker,descaler, on my computer. Will any of these interfere withVirtdub? If so which one and what can I do about it? Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Intervideo Win DVR is probably what is doing it. There will be a icon in the Taskbar Notification area. Right click on the icon and select exit. If you don't see the icon it may be hidden. Right click in a blank area there and select Properties, and un-check Hide inactive icons.

3. willya29

willya29 Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried your advice, but it didn't work. Still does the same thing. When I click on capture avi, I get the message at the bottom of virtual dub 401. Don't know what that means. Then, if I go any further Vdub tells me it is not respondning. When I go to close it, I have to cmpletely sht down my "puter. Then restart to do anything else. I have a real problem but sure don't know what it is. I even uninstalled then reinstalled Vdub. Still the same thing. I am considering uninstalling Intervideo win dvr, but then my tuner card may not work. I am getting desperate. I can record with Nero, but I only get black and white. Program starts in color then quicly goes to B&W.If it keeps on I am going to uninstall everything and start over.