1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two images on one disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by igloo, Jan 19, 2005.

1. igloo

igloo Guest

Okay here's my problem, i used shrink to back up two bonus discs. They both came in pretty small(just over 2gb) so i burned them as images(assuming burning them on to one disc would be easy) I was wondering how do i go about burning two images onto one dvd. I know i could burn them on to a data disc would work but would that play in my dvd player. The software i have is nero6/nerovision3/tempeg enc. And yes i am completely useless at this.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

By "images" do you mean ISO (or img). That's not going to work.

Do you still have access to the VOB files used to create those images?

Since you have NeroVision Express, you should have made a single "movie" out of them. You could use the chapter/menu feature to select which one you want to watch. NeroVision Express would have created a single VIDEO_TS folder with everything in it needed to burn to a single dvd. Then you would use the burner software of choice to burn the VIDEO_TS file to dvd. If, perchance, NeroVision Express was telling you that the result too large for a single layer DVD, you could go ahead and create the folder, and then try to use DVD Shrink to get it down to DVD5 size.

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

You can join two disks (keeping menus, etc) with DvdReMake Pro. Program does not work with images directly so you will need to re-rip disks to HD "in file" mode.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

You should be able to merge your iso images in dvd shrink.click/file/open disc image...and then use this guide,its was made for dvd's ripped in the file mode but it should work,for iso's.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

5. igloo

igloo Guest

bazilla your idea seems pretty sound. How do i make a single "movie" out of them. Would i use "create movie" in nerovision express.Another problem, wouldn't the vob files share some names once i've shrunk them? christ i really am bloody useless.

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Yes, use "create movie" in NeroVision Express. As for the VOB's having the same name, they will not actually, as far as NeroVision Express is concerned, because it will be reading them from different directories, i.e.

G:\onedirectory\VIDEO_TS\xxxx.VOB

and

G:\anotherdirectory\VIDEO_TS\xxxx.VOB

are two different file names, when the full path is taken into consideration. Nero will be able to handle both fine, I think.

The "compilation" guide link posted by jim_dandy looks useful, too.

And we are all completely useless when we start out.

7. igloo

igloo Guest

Ok, il try your suggestion first then jim dandy's. Interestingly one problem i had was the mistake of using shrink 2.3 not 3.2.

8. igloo

igloo Guest

Okay that worked, just want to say thanks to all those who helped. dimad i used your suggestion afterwards for another project using the dvdremake pro demo,(shame they disabled export in the demo because now i'll have to buy the program.....dvd burning aint cheap). Have to wonder why nero doesn't have a function like this.