1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

um kazaa?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by armson, Aug 29, 2004.

1. armson

armson Guest

alright i have no clue what i just did, or how i got here, but oh well, maybe u can help, i um have kazaa, and when i go to press search for something, its exits, then when i go down to the toolbar by the time and programs running, it just dissapears, what do i do?

dan

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

First off try uninstalling, rebooting then re-installing. When you installed it did you alter any of the settings?

3. armson

armson Guest

um no, i just installed it as the recomended highlights told me too

dan

4. armson

armson Guest

oh and yes i know its a newbie question, and thats me for ya, but how do i uninstall it, i know plenty of ways, Add/Remove Programs?, just delete it and go back to the website, click to reinstall it or what, oh and when i do, will i lose my songs that i have downloaded

dan

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You don't need to uninstall. Just re-install the program, and check the box to "Delete all Kazaa registy keys".

6. armson

armson Guest

ok then, how do i do this, and will i lose all of my files that i have downloaded alreayd

dan

7. flip218

No you won't lose anything, if your worried about it transfer your files.

You need to reinstall the program. It will pop a window on what options you want installed ... look for the box to delete all kazaa registry keys.

8. armson

armson Guest

dude, no offense, but people have told me that i need to reinstall it, right? yes? well as u all know im a newbie, i just signed up today to see if u could help, i know what i have to do, but i dont know where to get to it, and how, like do i start on the menu or go to kazaa its self and click on something, someone help me plz

dan

9. flip218

10. armson

armson Guest

no offense mr.flip218 (DVDXCopy Moderator) but i need steps, like
    1. Go to start menu
    2. Click on shutdown
    3. Click on restart
    4. See what im sayin?

dan

11. flip218

Are you serious? And what if I was a Miss? <- I'm not lol

Do you know how to download a program? You know how to click on a link don't you?

12. armson

armson Guest

well most chicks arnt that smart

13. flip218

You must be a chick.

But your statement is not true. Alot of knowledgeable women out there.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 450GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  14. armson

armson Guest

no sorry, too bad for u, just a straight teenager

15. flip218

Why are you sorry for me? I'm not a teenager ... I know now how to re-install my software ... I've got the kazaalite program saved on my HD.

16. armson

armson Guest

im sorry for u b/c im NOT a chick, dude, yes i do know how to download files, how do u think i got kazaa, and i know how to click on links, but WHICH ONE(yeah i know u think i am a retard, but hey, im not that much of a nerd, and i have a life, and this is like what the lets see here, the 2nd week of having kazaa

17. flip218

The thought did cross my mind :)

Did you save the Kazaa download? If not, just download it again. Open the file and install it. I like using Kazaa Lite, because it supposedly doesn't have the spyware & adware that Kazaa has.

When I install kazaalite, a window comes up "Select Components" ... scroll down to see if there is an option to "Delete all Kazaa registry".

Or ... you can do it the old fashioned way.
    Click Start -> Control Panel -> add/remove programs -> remove Kazaa -> always good to reboot -> download and install Kazaa

18. armson

armson Guest

"When I install kazaalite, a window comes up "Select Components" ... scroll down to see if there is an option to "Delete all Kazaa registry".

Or ... you can do it the old fashioned way.
    Click Start -> Control Panel -> add/remove programs -> remove Kazaa -> always good to reboot -> download and install Kazaa"

thats what im talkin about, thank you, if it doesnt work, i'll be here, tryin, and being a retard, i prefer to call myself a special litte child

19. armson

armson Guest

ok i reinstalled it right and it does the sme thing, so i uninstall the WHOLE thing then go back and download it again and it doesnt work, so i uninstall that and download kazaalite, and that doesnt work either, what is it, my problem again is that it comes up and i go to search for a song and i click on search and then it automatically exits, then i go down to the toolbar by the clock that shows all of the running programs and click on kazaa and it disapperes right when i "hover" right over it and start to click, whats goin on, what do i have to do?

dan

20. armson

armson Guest

maybe that one dude, dRD should tell me whats goin on seens how he is "Da Boss" most of the times, if ur the boss u should know everything, and he might, so where is he

dan