1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to get to MS Dashboard...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by xboxmitch, Mar 14, 2007.

1. xboxmitch

xboxmitch Member

If anyone could please help I would be grateful.

When my son's Xbox original is powered on it displays the Xbox splash screen then goes directly to a message screen which state "Xbox Live is not responding. Please try again later". This occurs whether or not a game disc is in the drive. And whether or not the console is connect to our home network. There seems to be no way to get past this screen to the dashboard. Does anyone hear have any ideas.

After questioning my son I have found out that he was using a softmod called SID4 to play burnt games.
    Regards.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried powering it on both ways? Power button and eject button?

I have seen this before but am fairly new to softmodding (SID 4)
    I just did my first one the other day. You may be able to use the same method you did the first time and softmod it again.

3. crzyant7

crzyant7 Member

um i need a lil help tooo...my frend tried to softmod my xbox and now wen i turn it on it goes straight to the xbox live dashborad. I can still play games but i cant format my memory like i wunted to since i cant get to the microsoft dashboard. I just wunna be able to get to the normal dashboard nd i will be happy. Any suggenstions? i'm not a computer wiz so0o i reele cant take anything apart.

plz help

4. steimy

steimy Active member

what Xbox Live dash? There is hacked dashboards (EvoX, Avalaunch or UnleashX) and there is the MS Dash which has all your Xbox Live features.

Can it read a burned disc? If so use AID 3.1 and re-softmod it.