1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by leolamb, Jan 16, 2012.

1. leolamb

leolamb Member

I have a Windows XP Sp3 iso. *Tried to copy it to a DVD-R disc, using ImgBurn.

I clicked on:
    "Write Image file to disc" and selected the iso file.

There were several notifications advising me that were data miscompares.

After the disc had finished burning, I attempted to boot from the disc. I could....with one problem:

I got a BSOD, with the error message:

" **STOP 0X00000007B 0XF78D2524 0X0000034, 0X000000000, 0X000000000"

Here is the thing. I used an old, legitimate copy of Windows XP, from 2004. It is for Fujitsu Siemens, but it keeps bugging me about activating the software and can only do so via internet or phone.

I have been unable to use several programs such as Microsoft Office 2010, because of this OS.

Another thing I have noticed is that when I burn a iso file of Win XP to a DVD-R, it does not appear in the My Computer with any information or name. Clicking on autoplay, explore, open etc has no effect, and when the disc is inserted and the tray closed, the disc does not automatically play.

However, this is not true of all other CDs/DVD/s inserted into my computer, and they DO automatically run (unlike the discs made by me).

What I am trying to get is a Win XP OS, which is as modern as possible.

I dont know what other information you need from me, please tell me and I will give it.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Sounds like your .ISO file is corrupt, my advice is to locate another good copy of Windows XP and do a reinstall fron that disc.

3. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

It is an OEM disk and will not properly install on any other computer except for a Fujitsu assuming the ISO is indeed a legal copy.

Other then that, if the copy of XP has been dormant ~ six months you will have to deal with M$'s incompetent tech support who can barely speak English to receive a new activation product code.

Say hi to India for me....

Jeff

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. attar

attar Senior member

Search for and download 'TinyXP'.
    I installed that in my XP machine when I didn't want the time and agony of using the Microsoft CD.