1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNBURNABLE DVD's/CD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigSimms, Jan 21, 2005.

1. BigSimms

BigSimms Guest

I recently purchased a PS2 fliptop case with the SwapMagic 2.0 disc(s) because my little bro has already damaged several of my games.

Now, I purchase the game, burn and stick original in storage. Now, I would like to burn the actual Swap Magic disc so that doesn't get damaged... however, it would not burn. Kept getting errors. I took the disc out and looked on the bottom for any scratches. No scratches, but there are several round "breaks" on the bottom of the disc.

I talked to a friend of mine about it and he said that it is for copyright protection. He had seen this before in another program called BLEEM!, which is a playstation emulator for the PC. He also says that that disc is unburnable (or at least doesn't know of a way around it.) I have seen copies of BLEEM! floating around, so I know it can be done. How can I get around these "breaks" on the bottom of this CD/DVD? Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    BigSimms

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

are they around the edges of the written portion of the cd? awhile back they cam out with a copy protection that had a small line around the outside dia. of the disk. it was about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. from the edge. this copy protection was easily defeated by taking a sharpie (marker) and drawing a continuous circle around the disk which covered the line (scratch). However, be cautious at marking on the written portion of any dvd or cd.

3. BigSimms

BigSimms Guest

There are 7 or 8 lines throughout the disc. They range from close to the outer edge, in the middle, and close to the end.

According to my friend, this is to prevent programs, like nero, from copying the disc. Once it gets to that break, it thinks its at the end of the disc.

Have you ever seen this before?

BigSimms