1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uninstalling a deleted game?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by dab0ne, Jun 5, 2011.

1. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Ok,

So my cousin deleted all of the files of a game she installed and now we can't uninstall it through the control panel. Is there anyway to remove the game's install from the control panel so I can reinstall it?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try running a registry cleaner program like ccleaner or go thru the registry to manually delete all files of that game.

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Thanks for the quick reply ddp, but I tried that. The problem is that the game was installed on the (F:) drive instead of the (C:) drive. She has several games installed on her PC and none of her games are showing up in the registry. I'm going to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/

and I'm not seeing it there. I ran the cleaner and everything, and made sure all remaining files were deleted manually just to make sure nothing was interfering with the re-install. Is there another location the registry files could be located if installed on the (F) drive instead of (C)?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

I found the registry files and deleted them. The game no longer appears under my control panel, but when I try to re-install the game it keeps asking me: 'Would you like to uninstall all of the aspects of the game?'. Instead of doing the Install it asks me to uninstall even though when I put the disc in the drive the 'Install' option is the only one available. The game is Gears of War by the way.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. krad32

krad32 Member

you could also try to go on the folder where you have install the game it is located in program files and find the game folder open it then you can find their an icon that named uninstall just click it it will run to uninstall the software.