1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock Request for T-Mobile Nokia 6030b

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by phatcabba, Jan 13, 2007.

1. phatcabba

phatcabba Member

Here's my story:
    I just purchased a Nokia 6030b locked to T-Mobile USA service.
    I've hunted quite a few fora ( forums :) ) looking for info on how to unlock this bad boy. So far i've tried 3 different codes from the NokiaFREE unlock calculator and nada, nothing's working. I even went to a pay service ( albeit only $5) and it still fails to unlock it. Here are my details:

Model: Nokia 6030b v 5.24
    Type: RM-225
    IMEI: 011052007171869

I'd really -- REALLY -- appreciate any and all help you all can give.
    Thanks,
    Sean

2. phatcabba

phatcabba Member

aggg, i hadn't read the stickied post about what versions you can and can't unlock -- RM-225 is right there... damn.

3. firetamer

firetamer Member

hi, I'm a little new but learned the same. I got a message from etowah (senior member) when i asked about the same phone and the only thing i can figure is to ask t-mobile to ulock it for international use, so far

Just to let you all know T-mobile says they can unklock it If I can provide a valid retail recept - not a discounted one. from an authorized seller. We will see if I can get them to do it.
    I'm still waiting. If it works i'll let you know

4. firetamer

firetamer Member

Hi, again I was able to get an unlock code from T-mobile for the Nokia 6030b RM-225. I copied the logo's from the company I got the phone from and made a very professional receipt for them. faxed my request to them after I was given a remendy form number from customer service. I don't know if it mattered but the company was CommCentral from Texas and posted a retail proce on the receipt. They said it had to be purchased at full retail to get an unlock code. The next thing I know is they emailed me the unlock code if it would help any senior members let me know, i have it but understand it is different for all the other phones. Thanks Todd.