1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Unspecified target error" while burning a DVD-R. Burns OK with a DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by supercave, Jan 25, 2005.

1. supercave

supercave Member

Hi there!

Does this Nero Info Tool helps in anything?

Tanx!

2. hursty

hursty Active member

you should remove the serial number from your log

3. hursty

hursty Active member

see private message

4. supercave

supercave Member

Can anybody help please???????

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Is that an old burner in your laptop? It seems kind of slow to be burning at 1X. If +Rs burn OK, why not just stick to those? Have you updated the firmware for the drive?

6. supercave

supercave Member

Hi there,

No my laptop and my dvd burner has about 1 month. The thing is, I can burn DVD+R, but the DVD burner "claims" that burns either DVD-R or DVD+R. So I bougth a pack of 25 DVD-R and screw up 6 DVD of the same brand (sentinel) and 1 of TDK, receiving the same error "unspecified target error" with Nero and other apps. When I used a DVD+RW of "Sentinel" brand, everything went fine!

So I tried almost everything! Try to simulate the compilation before burn it (and nero retrieve that the simulation was ok), burn it at the slowest speed (that's why you see 1x in the log), burn few files (about 3,5 Gb instead of more than 4Gb), etc.

I want to know if the error I'm getting is from the DVD burner itself or it is from another software problem, If the problem is physical, I still have the laptop warranty, and I wish to have my DVD burner fixed! That's why I want to burn DVD-R!

The firmware for the drive, as TonoBisga said, is for the 813S model and not for the 813D (my actual DVD burner model), so no help with that!

I just can't seem to solve anything!

7. supercave

supercave Member

Can anyone help me please???

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

If the burner can burn -R media, then it most likely the particular media that is the problem. The media itself could be OK but not be supported by the drive's firmware. It could also be a number of other things. I have a Lite-On burner that refuses to burn certain media that my NEC burner gobbles with no problem. Try to sell your unused -Rs to someone else and burn what you know works. When googling your drive I noticed other people also having problems. Have you talked to customer support for your computer system or for the drive?

9. supercave

supercave Member

Hi there again!

When I bougth the DVD-R pack, I didn't know that some dvd burners could not burn some types of brand! With CD burners I didn't had problems, so I bougth the cheapest DVD brand that I found! I even tried a single DVD of the brand TDK but had no success while burning it!
    I tried to google my DVD burner model to see if I could find the device support page, but again with no success!

Does anyone knows what's the MATSHITA official page??

I also google my dvd burner model, but I can't seem to find the firmware for this model (813D), does anyone knows where I can find the right firmware??

Tanx once again!

10. supercave

supercave Member

Hey? Does Anyone knows MATSHITA official page?? Or where I can find the firmware for MATSHITA 813D model?

11. MDG_M

MDG_M Guest

Hi,
    I have an ASUS M6862NEUP notebook with MATSHITA UJ831-D DVD/CD driver, and I have the same problem when I burn DVD-R with Nero 6.6.0.6
    I have no problem with DVD+R, DVD+RW and CD-R.
    I'm looking for a solution...

bye

12. supercave

supercave Member

Hi there!

I still haven't found a solution for my problem!

If you have any idea about MATSHITA official page or where I can find the firmware for MATSHITA 813D model or any other idea to solve my problem, please let me know!

Tanx!

13. supercave

supercave Member

14. supercave

supercave Member

Hi there!

Does anyone have news about a firmware?

Tanx!