1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPC and viewing in another House Q

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ryand2, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ryand2

ryand2 Member

I have standard UPC TV with a multi room viewing box, this 2nd box I use in another house to access TV

I was thinking of getting UPC broadband with this new Horizon offering, does anyone know if this setup will disallow me from using my multi view box in another house?

Thanks

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

nope your box works by box to account pairing, so once your paying ure bill for all boxs then your OK, the Horizon box (which I hear is shite by the way) is just an internet/TV box, dont effect other boxs u have in the house or elsewhere

3. ryand2

ryand2 Member

Thanks for the feedback, so I can get Broadband on "House 1" bundle, move the House 1 multiviewing box to House 2 that has only bog standard TV package without the broadband and I can view the same TV channels that I have in House 1 in House 2?

I just thought there might be some linkage with the modem if I got broadband, which would scupper what I currently do in House 2

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you have a bog standard box in the bedroom, then it will work in say your neighbours house down the road or your mates in tallaght and if you were in clondalkin and the Horizon in ures, loads do it to split the costs, what you pay for on your account, sports and movies, all your other boxs will have this on it,

5. Johnpaullooking

Johnpaullooking Newbie

i had this set up for years but the cut off the boxes that we had away from my parents house, apparently there is modems in the horizon boxes so they can send back a signal saying that they're on a different part of the UPC network than the other boxes.

we're cosidering going to one of these sattelite sevrices now, free to air or dream box

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

But not in the old boxs there aint, still works fine and have seen them working

7. Johnpaullooking

Johnpaullooking Newbie

there in the process of cutting them off, any box according this guy on the phone that has a modem, ie any box that has recording capability have now been sent a software upgrade to activate the talk back feature so that they're now starting to shut these off.

dunno if its a spoof or not but our are gone!!!

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Not sure about that, but there are 1000's of boxs out there older than that to which can be used

9. ryand2

ryand2 Member

Interesting comments above, if you got Broadband without the Horizon box, would that have the same "talk back" facility?

10. power01

power01 Regular member

L.O.L talk about ,,giving info out..lol..

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Same as sat info, its common knowledge to most, to a certain point and then we dont discuss it, if people cant read between the lines on info after that they can ask elsewhere, but that UPC sharing is going on since the boxs came out