1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update 2.1 for HERO released

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by lawndog, May 21, 2010.

1. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

The update for the HTC HERO has been officially released. You have to go to the HTC website to Download it and the HTC SYNC program. But it now has officially released. With permission form the moderator I will post the links for those that desire. It is not an "over the air" update as originally thought. It must be downloaded to a PC then SYNCed to phone. If you go to a cell providers store the can update it also for you.
    Just an FYI
    LD

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Just now? 2.2 will be a OTA update from Verizon within 40 days at the most. Might as well leave your hero as it is, root it, and install 2.2 when you can get a rooted copy.

3. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

Opps I should have stated a little stronger that it was released for sprint users

4. chbunch

chbunch Regular member

Does this apply the the htc hero for cell south, I know there are some different ones out there?

5. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

Not sure. I would check your cell phone providers website to make sure. But don't really see it being an issue. Killerbug would know better then I though. I'm smart enough to bow to his wisdom. ;)