1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Pop Up Windows don't show?? Help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sandman42, Jun 23, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I used to be able to see pop ups on the bottom right corner or in the middle of the screen for things needing to be updated now I don't see a thing...Awhile back I remember turning something off on my Win XP to make it faster but I can't remember what it is....

I hear the sound of the pop up but there is none like when utorrent finishes downloading a file it usually popped up on the bottom right corner Utorrent Download Complete...But I don't see that anymore...Please help.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Could it just be hidden as sometimes if you leave it it becomes hidden and you need to just click on the arrow that point to the left on the bottom right hand side on the task bar.

3. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

No it is not hidden what is the function to see the pop ups...

I know I turned off the stuff but I don't know where the option is.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Try this.

To customize notifications
    Right-click the taskbar, and then click Properties.
    On the Taskbar tab, under Notification area, select the Hide inactive icons check box.
    Click Customize.
    In the Name column, click the notification you want to change, in the Behavior column, click the behavior you want in the list, and then click OK.
    On the Taskbar tab, click Apply

5. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I am talking about pop up windows...Like when AnYDVD Would have an update it would show up...AnyDVD has an Update Download Yes or No...

and I could click yes

or windows has an update and I could select which updates to install and all that stuff...I don't get that.