1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Laptop CPU

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by BaggelBreath, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BaggelBreath

BaggelBreath Member

Hi! I need helping figuring out how to upgrade my laptop.

I'm going to be replacing the keybaord and CMOS battery soon, think it's a good opportunity to upgrade CPU as well (Assuming that's even possible). I know the first 2 things are going to be much easier, but I'm not afraid of opening everything and putting all back together.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-218CA running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
    I'm not sure what information you need, ask and I will provide.
    Looking for someone to point me in the direction of compatible CPUs and instructions on how to replace, and what else I need to do software wise. Not looking for anything too powerful, just want something that's 2.0GHz & duo core minimum, I don't want anything too expensive either. Never done this before, I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Would an Intel P8600 work? I found a PDF file online somewhere that said it was compatible with a CQ60 and HP G60. I found some online for around $20.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. LightTrench

LightTrench Member

You might want to check that it is PGA not BGA.
    If it is PGA, any mobile compatible PPGA478/Socket M processor should work.
    I am not quite sure of the compatibility, but I assume you could use a Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9100, since they do put those in laptops.